1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

09 gsxr 600 help!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gixxie750, Dec 11, 2012.

1. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

I just bought a EX ama bike from Celtic racing. It has a YOSH ecu and looks like OEM wire harness. Set up with keyless ignition. The fuel pump primes,throttle bodies cycle and the motor turns over. It will not fire? I have checked the TO and everything else that I know would stop spark. I checked the spark plugs and none of the 4 fire and I even tried different coils. I am leaning towards the keyless ignition or maybe the fact its a OEM wire harness with the yosh ecu? Another fun fact is with the kill switch on the off position the motor will still turn over with no lights or anything else on. PLEASE HELP!!!

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Look for a secondary ignition switch, on the other bar, or somewhere. Also, this may be the reason why it seems to be always on, which will parasitacally drain your battery if not corrected.

3. gixxie750

There is nothing on the other side. looked at the wires from the only switch and there is 3 wires going to it in.

4. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

Call Celtic?? It probably worked fine when they had it. You are missing something silly most likely.

5. gixxie750

I found It. Yosh ECU was bad?

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

"hey, have ya swapped the ECU"? :)

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

"found it" sounds like you positively found it.. but then you followed it with a "?" :)

8. gixxie750

lol the ? was do em-pro fail? Also I was just told by yosh i have to have yosh wire harness for em-pro to work. I hate to get rid of such a nice ECU,but wire harness is not cheap!

9. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

You do not need the kit harness for it to work.

10. gixxie750

Is there anything special I have to do to the OEM harness? When I put the yosh ECU in the bike will not run,but does everything else. The bike sat for 1 year with dead battery so could that make the em-pro go to a blank map,or reset?

11. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Loss of power won't make the ECU reset. A blank map would still start your bike. The ECU can fail, but the simplest way to test it would be to substitute a known good ECU. Testing with a stock ECU may require that you rewire the ignition circuit. (the keyless setup)

I would look closely at the keyless ignition setup for the answer. The issue with the always hot starter button is suspect.

12. gixxie750

I put all oem ignition and kill switches back on bike. wont start with em-pro but works perfect with OEM. So if the em-pro is a problem do I send it back to them or can any tuner tell me if its bad? THANKS!!!!!!!

13. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

A noid light would tell you if you were getting a signal to the injectors

14. gixxie750

The injectors with the yosh ecu are deff working. they are spraying way to much though.

15. gixxie750

Want to say THANKS for all the help! Finally solved all the problems!!! Em-pro is working!!!

16. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

Nevermind, you got it.

17. gixxie750

Just a FYI for any that see this the em-pro will not work with OEM ignition key. Needs wired a special keyless way. Thanks again! Stymie saved my day along with wera once again.

18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Your original post said it was keyless....so...glad you got it sorted.

19. gixxie750

You are correct. In the process of trying to eliminate variables i put all OEM stuff back on. I changed back and forth just not in correct order. Also the crank sensor on clutch clover was loose. mass trial and error. I feel like a kid at xmass now!