1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 R6 Coolant/Water pump Q...

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Pigman, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Hello Guys.....all knowing Beeb

Don't know if anyone has fixed this issue..

I have a 08 R6 was left with water wetter in it and pop a head gasket. I changed it out and now seems as the water pump side of the bike is not flowing water or gettin hot at all. Left side is hot and fans kick on...

Water pump or thermostate Possibly.....................

thanks for the help

2. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

I have a good water pump if needed.. that's my only contribution, sorry.

3. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

No biggie bud Price check....shipped to 03275

4. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

I'll see what box it fits in and get back to you tonight..​

5. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Possibly you still have some air trapped in the system. Give it a good air bleed and try again.

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

if anyone tapped the starter button with frozen coolant in it, that waterpump shaft is broken.
    i would be pulling the 2 large hoses off the wp, and removing the bolts that hold it in, and inspect the wp. Spin the shaft and look inside to see if the impeller moves. or if the shaft just falls out, you can eliminate "look in to see if impeller moves".. and move directly to buying a water pump.

if you race an R6 3rd gen, you MUST have a water pump as a spare. the seal goes and leaks fluid from the weep hole. It gets bad fast, and can cause a crash. You don't even need to drain oil to swap it out. I have had good success with used on Ebay for $35-45 , but just buy a new OEM unit for $125 now .. with housing and everything. You can buy a rebuild kit, but it's not something you want to do trackside as some parts need pressed in to do this.

Emerson and emry like this.
  7. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Thank You sir..........I am going to pull it and see if she if its broken

8. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Don't think this is good LOLOL

[​IMG]

9. MELK-MAN

yeaaaa... that should be attached to the impeller shaft ;)

10. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Sucker was freewheelin in there SONOFABITCH....... but Eskimo bailed me out. Thanks....

11. MELK-MAN

so.. as i said earlier, you are getting a replacement, now get another on ebay or elsewhere as a spare. This one will have the seal fail at some point.

12. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Thank You Eskimo and part was just as described and appreciate the quick shipping

YOU ROCK>>>

Eskimo likes this.
  13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Damn it.... now I gotta get one