1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 R6 Clutch Switch Issues

Discussion in 'Tech' started by MXjunky, Sep 16, 2015.

1. MXjunky

MXjunky I just wanna go FAST!

Slite issue with new race bike.
    Bike only starts in neutral and I am trying to trouble shoot to correctly bypass the clutch switch. My harness has been cut down, the kickstand relay is correct and the clutch switch is completely removed along with the main switch connector because I have a motion pro switch, and a keyless ignition.

Question is.
    The wires for the clutch switch (blue/yellow black/yellow) route back to a relay box with the batterey and fuse box. Can I remove the pins from that connector and fix the issue??

Attached Files:

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Don't bypass it. The ECU uses it to improve your throttle response. Emry will be by to explain.

3. MXjunky

It's been cut out of this harness so another option would be putting it back in but I would have no idea where to start for that. The main switch connector is gone and I do not have female end for the spare stock harness I have.

4. MXjunky

Next question, if I find the clutch wires in the harness. Can I solder them together to close the loop, and will that let me start in any gear?

5. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

6. MXjunky

I really dislike wiring. Like I'd almost rather kick my bike over.
    On another note the bike runs great I just don't like the fact that I can't start in gear. I have never stalled on a grid before but there always that one time, and then I get ass packed into the next life by 40 bikes.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  7. emry

Two wires. Really? Way to much drama over that.

Connect the wires and yes it will start in gear. Yeah... Future issues and you are on your own, or at least you might have to use the search feature. About as intimidating as wiring diagrams from what I see.

Oh, you can start in gear.... Push.

8. MXjunky

Did someone have a bad day?

Slightly more complicated than "just" two wires. But your right, I'm a bit over dramatic on the topic. I watched my SV ECU catch on fire a few months ago. And yes I love the search tool but even the threads that you posted here were not appropriately titled which makes it difficult when your in a pinch right before a race weekend.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to hit you up for that bump start from the grid.

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Putting on a virgin harness sounds like the best route.

Don't let the grumpy Pro technicians pee pee in your cornflakes, and I'll give you a push if you need one....

The girlie bikes are so much easier to work on, should have stuck with an SV..... ;)

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Original poster: I have a problem, I don't know what to do! Help!

Pro technician: Okay, here's the best way to fix it, and here's some info about why that is the best way.

OP: Oh, I don't know how to do that and I really don't like working on that. Can you give me a really easy way where I don't have to think or do anything?

Pro tech: Really, it's not that hard. Here's another suggestion.

OP: That's still too hard.

Another poster: Pro technicians are grumpy.

And repeat ad infinitum.

11. emry

:crackup: I almost wet myself reading that.

12. MXjunky

Oh jeeze here comes the drama patrol. Thank all of you for all your vast wisdom and help, I oh so greatly appreciate it. Genuine.

I never said I couldn't do the job, nor did I ask for an easier way. Yes I hate wiring, sorry I'm not a tech.

Mike Ill have some donuts and beer for you after that bump start.

Good day to you gents.

13. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

I'll second that. :Putter:

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Perfect!