1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06 GSXR 600 Wont Start - Fuel injections issue

Discussion in 'Tech' started by stephenwclark, Apr 21, 2010.

1. stephenwclark

stephenwclark Well-Known Member

I figured out that the TPS sensor wasn't even plugged in. The sensor I thought was the TPS was the secondary butterfly actuator. I plugged the TPS sensor in and the bike seems to run great. Sorry for wasting everyones time with such a silly mistake. You guys have all been really helpful and I appreciate your help.

2. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

DA Way to go Guy!

Tip over switch upside down, TPS is plugged in the sub and are they are color matched? No doubt you learned the 4th dimension the hard way. My guess is you'll be answering FI questions soon.
    Say, Is the tail light direction... I don't wanna know.

3. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

Best possible outcome, don't feel like the lone stranger....

4. Jordansgsxr

Jordansgsxr New Member

Hello everyone hope all of you still have an account, knowing the last reply was in 2010. 9 years later here I am having the same problem. I changed the wire harness on my bike because it had a short now that I plugged in everything i tried starting the bike but it won't turn on. It's turns over but just doesn't grab. I though I was spark so I did the starter fluid trick and the bike turns on. So then I though for sure it was going to be my fuel pump, so I bought a new one but still didn't work. So now im thinking my fuel rail is clogged because there's no gas flowing into the engine. I cleaned it including the injectors and still no luck. Now here's where it gets tricky, one of my buddy's recently bought the same bike (07 gsxr 600 btw) and so we switched out the whole throttle body assembly with the stva and tps included and my bike turned perfectly. Now I bought a throttle body online with only the tps sensor and just replaced the stva with my original , put it back together and it didn't work. Idk what could possibly be the problem and I'm stuck. If you guys are still around I would love some help thanks.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Sorry but that's bull. There are more than one mode(s) of failure. Pressure/ volume need to be there.

6. Jordansgsxr

Jordansgsxr New Member

I know it's not my fuel pump, i have a brand k ew one and now I have two since that ended up not being the problem.

7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Take it to a pro?