1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06-07 gsxr 600-750 racing subframe

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ittayem66, Aug 10, 2011.

1. ittayem66

ittayem66 Well-Known Member

2. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

Not a perfect fit. You'll need to lightly modify the OEM plastic battery tray and a bracket on the subframe which interferes with an OEM sized battery. There are also no provisions for mounting the front portion of the tail section so you'll need to drop in some riv-nuts. If you're using the kit harness you will also lose the secondary mounting location for the rectifier. The back end piece is also not solidly mounted so it will shake around over bumps. Not nearly as nice as the Yoyodyne/Motoholder pieces but it's also half the price. You'll save a little over 3 lb for your trouble.

Their fairing bracket is much nicer, and a perfect fit.

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I guess it depends on the built and what you're after.

I'm on my second r-r subframe on my 750 (the first one I mangled up in a "tip-over"),
    and I'm pleased with the huge weight savings and fit.
    I don't run an oem size battery, no battery tray, significantly butchered oem undertail etc.
    My tail section is completely hollow, with the exception of the tip-over sensor which I have
    ziptied to the rear T-section of the r-r subframe.

The weight savings are far greater than 3 lbs. IMHO. Just the little oem box that bolts on the rear of the oem subframe probably weighs in at that or even more.

The only "issue" with the r-r subframe is that you will need to use the oem seat and
    won't be able to use a superbike tail fairing piece. At least I couldn't figure out a way to do it.

I'll post some pics tonight of my set up. I also have the r-r fairing stay and like it a lot.

4. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

This is the subframe I crashed.

Before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And after:

[​IMG]

5. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

This is the second one I got. It's in square tubing,
    the first was in round tubing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

And the R-R stay on the left.
    Actually lighter than a Yoyo carbon fiber version (and much cheaper)

[​IMG]

7. ittayem66

Thanks for the info!

8. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

So what did you end up doing with the bent one? Hint...hint.;)

Nice looking bike by the way.

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

MotoHolders is the way to go for a racing style subframe. Their equipment is the shit. :up:
    [​IMG]

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Thanks. I have plans to send the busted subframe back and see if it's repairable.
    I'd keep it if it is.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

R-R Makes some great stuff... He fabbed mysub up for my 2009 1000... FOR FREE!!! He didnt have any and needed a stock one to make the Jig... They Even fixed the stocker for free...... Of course I had to buy some other goodies from him... Great People Great Service...

12. ittayem66

how much? 07 gsxr 750? shipped to 48128?

13. brendanp

brendanp Part time Squid

I ordered the yo yo one and it has been on back order forever!

14. zstylem86

zstylem86 Well-Known Member

i was considering a racing subframe after i cracked the stocker, but it wasn't worth it for me. i use a superbike tail so i was worried about fitment. they are pretty damn expensive for what it is. most were back ordered so i just bought an oem replacement. it fits perfect and the bolt holes are in line with the armour bodies bodywork. couldn't be happier.

15. Suzukigsxrnut

Suzukigsxrnut Active Member

Anybody know how much the OEM subframe weighs? Just curious on what the weight savings will be