1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'04 Sv650

Discussion in 'Tech' started by smooth, Jan 7, 2005.

1. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm getting together an 04 SV 650s to race next season and have a couple of questions. I've done some searching here but haven't found definitive answers. I want to run this bike in SS classes.

First, what about the PAIR valve? is it legal to remove it? if so, what are the benefits or will it possibly cause problems?

Is the tip over sensor worth fooling with? If so, what do you do to disable it? I haven't opened mine up yet to see what's inside.

I've heard about the clutch switch doing something with the FI map on gixxers but I don't see anything wrong with bypassing it on the newer SV's. (looked at the schematics) Is this true?

What's the story with this TRE mod I've heard about?

Last, my subframe pan has this dinky plastic toolkit box underneath the battery. It looks like it will make the rear shock harder to get to and the hatch for it is not too secure. Has anyone removed theirs? Did it weaken the battery box?

THanks!

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Leave the pair valve alone. No benefit. I didn't mess with the tip over sensor, if you crash, just turn the bike off/on. Some do disable it though. Nothing to worry about with the clutch switch either, leave it alone. Don't do the tre mod either, doesn't help with way you'll be riding bike. Don't know about the toolkit thing.

Basically everything you've asked, you can leave alone.:D

3. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

Thanks, Kris. Saves me some time and trouble. I had pretty much figured the tip over switch would be no big deal and I've heard pros and cons in regards to the TRE Mod, especially that it does nothing for the upper rev range. Besides, I'm as much concerned with being legal as anything else.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005