1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

04 750 can it do it?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gixxie750, May 21, 2010.

1. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

Ok wera I need some advice. I have a 04750. I love the bike and it really pulls everywhere and i dont think its power is a problem. What i want to know is should i upgrade to a newer 750? Are there any 04's still running in the front in todays expert races? I am thinking a 06/07 750,but also may get a 08,09. I have been told the newer ones are just easier to go fast on and handle way better. I feel like i'm man handling my bike making it do what the modern bikes look like they do with ease. I deff dont want anything but a GSXR so whats the diff between mine and the newer ones? Would i be a fool not to upgrade?

2. Garrison

Garrison Well-Known Member

You're asking us to quantify your buying a newer bike?

Alright- yes, you should upgrade. If you can swing the 08, I say go for it. They have many advantages and changes over the 07.

3. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I have owned both an 05 600 and an 06 600. Yes, the 06 was a much better trackbike, plain and simple. Speed was about the same, but the handling was so much better it's silly. The 06 turned in much more easily and was still plenty stable.

4. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Nobody at the front is riding a a six year old bike. A lot of people at the front of midpack are kicking ass on one. Unless you are a really GOOD racer, you won't need to worry. You can have a ton of fun on the bike. And the fact that you asked the question tells me you don't need to worry about being at the front, you won't be on a 08 with $20k in engine work.

5. gixxie750

i am a lowly novice,but am in 1st and second in points in a couple regions. I dont know if i should keep puting $$$ into the 04 when just by upgrading to a newer bike would be better and more cost effective. I have heard the handeling is that much better with the newer ones and i cant just make my bike handle like a newer one no matter what i set it up for.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I say go for it.

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

What are you doing to "keep putting money into it"?

If you're just talking about maintenance and the odd upgrade here and there, stick with that.

If you're considering 2-3k in engine work and another 2-3k in suspension work, go with the new bike.

However - and I say this to every%

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  8. gixxie750

I have everything on the bike. I will just have to go through all the setup and suspension dialed in and send it to make sure its strait.

Its funny cause i found a 06 750 today and i got it! I guess i will have to find out.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Get the newest bike you can afford.
    No harm in benefiting from the factories doing their homework instead of doing lateral engine development/tuning on your own dime.

10. TROX

TROX I'm Rider D.

:confused: You got rid of an 04 for an 06? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. It's only 2 years difference; instead of having a 6 year old bike, you now have a 4 year old bike.

What ever happened to this advice?

I mean, I realize that money is probably an issue, but from my POV you are dumping money into something that's only 2 years newer... It would have been much more sensible to wait another season to afford an '08. Just my $0.02. :Poke:

Congrats on a new bike though. Can you swap a lot of components off of your old setup? I hope everything works out for you!

11. gixxie750

06/07 are the same. Basically the same as 08/09 also. Got it for $1500 so i couldn't pass it up! Money is deff the issue here lol

12. TROX

TROX I'm Rider D.

Wow good price! If you find the time, throw some pics up. I'd like to take a looksy.

13. gixxie750

pick her up mon/tues. Will post some pics.

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

In 2006 Suzuki released a complete redesign of their GSXR600-750 line with minor modifications since then to the 09's (no 2010's in the US if at all).

It will be interesting to see what happens in the 2011's and 2012's from all manufacturers.

15. blawar

blawar Active Member

There was a major redesign in 06, so no its not just a 2 year difference. If you dont know the bikes being discussed, why throw your 2 cents in?

16. TROX

TROX I'm Rider D.

Cause that's how I learn.

17. blawar

blawar Active Member

I dont mean to be harsh, but try using some common sense. Racers dont trade their bikes up unless there is a very good reason.

18. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Really? Because a friend of mine won 4 WERA Championships on one last year. :rolleyes:

19. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Yeah, your right, :rolleyes:

I run up front at my local club against newer bikes, including litre bikes, but I guess I got lucky, :wow:

I wish I could afford a newer bike but with kids, mortgage, I just can't do it plus it costs me literally pennies to keep my 2000 in tip top shape. :up:

If you can afford to upgrade, do it, if not, just keep having fun, :beer:

20. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Which ones! I will be impressed if he beat expert racers in a supersport class. I won't be if he won four novice championships. Or some other class that is similar.