1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'03/4 R6 w/SharkSkinz

Discussion in 'Tech' started by #249, Feb 9, 2004.

#249 Well-Known Member

What have you guys done to keep the throttle cables and metal slides on the bottom of the throttle assembly from hitting the top of the bodywork? I have Vortex clipons mounted under the triple tree and it is really close. I can rotate the throttle assembly so the cables are forward, but is that the best option?

2. fiptas

fiptas L.O.C Endurance

Let me know if you figure something out. I've got one day at Jennings on my shinny new 03 sharkskinz/Speedwerkz paint job and it's getting torn up. :(

3. FastBoy

FastBoy Well-Known Member

I know what I and several others have done with the same set-up is simply cut all or part of the ram air tube covers off the upper. The ram air tubes are still just underneath but this will give you another 1/2" or so. It's only a pain at slow speed manuevering (ie. through the pit) so not to worry while on track.

I'm just wondering if an aftermarket top triple would help or if this is why some are having their front forks lengthened.