1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

007 No Time To Die Review's --Possible Spoilers

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Nov 28, 2021.

1. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Old Timothy Dalton in Licence to Kill had more killer in him than Connery, Moore and Brosnan combined (still rate them all in their own ways and films), imo he was the role model for Craig's bond that followed.

2. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I agree with you, as far as how Ian Flemming wrote the original character. Flemming said that Bond was supposed to be somewhat of a "campy" character. He never meant Bond to be a hardcore action hero. That's what bugs me when people criticize Connery as Bond. He played the character perfectly. As far as an "action hero Bond," I think Craig is the best. It's too bad that a character like Connery's Bond wouldn't make it in today's movies. I dare say he's probably too sophisticated for today's movie goers.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

they did that with the dune movie too. the previews make it out as theyre main characters then they are actually in it for 6 minutes.

4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I agree, it may do ok for the first sequel due to nostalgia/curiosity.
    But if they wanted a movie with a female secret agent/spy, they should just have made one from scratch.

Creativity seems pretty low for moviers int he recent years, they just keep recreating existing movies or adding chapters to super hero movies.

5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Only actors that could make a campy Bond now that I can think of would be The Rock or Ryan Reynolds. I think either would be excellent for that original Bond. Rock could definitely do either. But they’re not British. So probably rules them out.

sharkattack likes this.
  6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I liked it.

7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I thought it was meh, like all the other James Bond movies after Connery.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even Ian Fleming killed him off once. Not a big deal.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I'll have to have a go again at Fleming.

In my youf, long time ago, I started reading You Only Live Twice (I think) and was so disappointed that is had nothing to do with the film that I didn't finish it.

Kids.....

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

11. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Yes! Speaking of those two, check out Red Notice. It’s a campy thriller. Definitely entertaining!

ungwaha likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I actually thought Red Notice was pretty bad. The new James Bond flick wasn’t awesome but for me it was much better than Red Notice.

King Richard about the Williams sisters was much better than both of them.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Morgan Freeman would make a great Q, based on his role in the Dark Knight trilogy that served a similar function to Bruce Wayne.

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My wife hated Red Notice and she pretty much likes anything. She married me.

sharkattack and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Red Notice was everything I expected out of it, fun to watch.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yup. Went in with very low expectations and was right on target.

Pretty typical Netflix action fare with all 3 lead actors leaning into their "copy-paste" personalities that made them popular with the widest possible audience.

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

In spite of the noticeable lack of Oscar worthy performances and complete dearth of biting social commentary, I was able to enjoy the movie for the mindless bit of fluff it was intended to be. Sometimes, car chases and explosions are all a man needs.

TSC_113 and bleacht like this.
  18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Just saw it.

It wasn't bad, we've seen way worse.

The title song was probably the second to worse and I don't remember the worse..... Woah that was a stencher.

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I liked the flick. The franchise has evolved with the times.
    As far as killing James off and then saying he'll be back in the credits, look at Jon Snow. :D

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reported