1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

007 No Time To Die Review's --Possible Spoilers

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Critter

Critter Registered

OK who has seen it and what were your thoughts?

My wife and I watched it over the weekend and she was PISSED... She hated it.. She said the ending was stoopid.. I am still hearing crap about it.. I mean how do you do that to James Bond?

2. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

We watched it the other weekend, or should I say we tried to watch it. We both dozed off. To me, this was a big miss for Mr. Bond.

3. Chango

Chango Something clever!

How do you do that to James Bond?

The same way every recent remake/reboot/"sequel" has bastardized the original source material. Hollyweird lures you in with nostalgia, then shits all over your feelings by "deconstructing" your heroes because they don't have any talent. Many of the writers are whiny kids that have apparently never actually overcome any kind of difficulty in their weak, pathetic, boring, bubble-wrapped lives. Their "Creative Writing" classes in school were all about how to inject THE MESSAGE into every story, whether it is relevant or not, and usually in the most ham-fisted way imaginable.

4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I enjoyed the movie.

It's action, it's drama, it's entertainment and it's just a freaking story. Yes there were times I had to roll my eyes at the writing but I could still enjoy the storytelling. Baby mama was too young for his crusty old ass anyway.

And as the last line in the credits said... "James Bond will return."

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

After “transitioning”?

StaccatoFan likes this.
  6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

It was a let down. Not bad, but the previous ones were much better.

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Obviously my favorite movie series of all time...I was disappointed. Best part was his female sidekick for about 15 minutes.

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I read that they may lose money on this one because it sucks so bad.
    One does not re-invent James Bond.

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I thought Sean Connery died.

He is the only one and true 007.

The rest are an abomination

sharkattack and Ducati89 like this.
  10. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I liked it. How else do you retire Daniel Craig from the series?

I was never into James Bond growing up because they always felt too “dainty” or not tough enough to be somewhat believable. Craig was the first that I felt was atleast rough around the edges.

cav115 likes this.
  11. Critter

Critter Registered

The killed James Bond,.. essentially killing the whole damn thing....There have been several people playing the role of 007 but they killed him this time so in my mind James Bond as a series is essentially over

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's becasue they'll make a Jane Bond movie and it will fail spectacularly.

13. Critter

Critter Registered

That right there is why I have NO peace in my house right now... SHE is pissed, they ruined her James.....She said and I quote, if they were going to retire him then he should have sailed off into the sunset with a hot blonde

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

This is the reason I have no intentions of ever watching. I've seen every one ever made, till now.

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

They killed Bond?

Oh well.

On to the next 007 then.... Idris would be good.

And honestly, the misses vs. hits ratio from the Broccoli family is batting at about .500.

Maybe.

(Moonraker?....)

Still love the intros though.

16. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

The new 007 is in the movie, you will be sadly disappointed that it is NOT Idris…

17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

At least there were some cool Triumphs in it *shrug*

18. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Overall the movie was good… I thought they rushed through a lot of things ( movie was still decent time length)

that being said I didn’t like the ending… not that the ending was bad just felt it wasn’t the way it should have ended as a diehard Bond fan.

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Wasn't a fan of the ending, and wasn't the best Bond film. But also wasn't the worst for me. Better than most of the movies that came out during the pandemic. With the exception of Tenet.

20. rymerc

rymerc Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the continuity is just dead, and he'll magically be back (a different actor) in the next one as if nothing happened. Or they'll just remake all of them with a more PC Bond, which is more likely.