1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“running down an elderly woman”

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by weber#465, Oct 29, 2010.

1. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Yes I understand how water boils and what happens with superheating.

It doesn't change the fact that the coffee was being served at only a few degrees below boiling, I guess that isn't superheated, only super hot.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It is different...but still. McDonalds served hot coffee which I suspect is within a few degrees of what any coffee maker produces...

No McDonalds employee spilled it on her. She did...why should McDonalds pay for her clumsiness or medical bills?

Ford sells you a Mustang...it's fast...You know it's fast that's why you bought. You wreck it and tear your legs off.

Is that Ford's fault.? Should they pay your medical bills?

3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I don't know, ask Doyle.

:p

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Her lawyer earned his pay as he was obviously good at building the case.

The Judge that bought it and awarded her the money should have been removed from the bench.

5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

We already covered the McDonald's case here. Frank Angel tore up that yellow Ferrari dude.

6. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Link?

7. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I have no idea what thread it was in.

8. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

Someone in another thread clued me in on some details I didn't remember seeing in the news back then. But even still, I don't care how hot the coffee was, the cup didn't melt, she spilled it. I dont care if the car was parked or being driven by ken block. She was a moron, the lawyer was good as hell, and the judge was the stupidest one of them all. Coffee is supposed to be hot. Kinda like hot tea, its made with very hot water. If you dont know that, maybe read the warning that says caution hot. If you spill it I say its your fault, no matter how many times the company that sold it to you have been warned about the temp of their hot drinks.

9. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

And I still maintain my position on this thread as well. The judge that allowed the kid to be sued is a world class moron. The parents I could see allowing their day in court. (honestly I think that would be wring too based on the the info in the news, but hopefully they would get true justice)

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the "Caution-Contents are extremely hot" warnings came about *after* McVomit's got ass-raped by the fickle finger of tort law. Same reason why every manufacturer has to label everything they make or package anything in to warn the stupid amongst us that sticking knitting needles in your ass or wearing plastic bags over your head are not the smartest things to do.

Fucking bleeding heart idiot-loving tort law keeping Darwin from getting his due. :down:

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Sadly he wasn't kidding. Most lawyers froth at the ole pie hole over cases like this.

I agree with those who said frivolous cases should be tossed out by the judge, it just goes to show you how pathetic the justice system can be in this country.

I'm just waiting to hear about that pizza place who's made an example out of for serving a nice hot slice of pizza. Oh the humanity! :rolleyes:

12. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

:crackhead:

A typical lawyer’s myopic, gluttonous attitude ya have RD. :moon::D

Granny willfully stepping onto a live drag strip and into the path of an adamant four year old, who was so hell bent on winning that she would kill for the trophy, was something she chose to do and the result was her own fault. The lady was almost 90 years old. She was experienced enough to know that when one sees a child riding with training wheels; he or she will be riding the machine on a razor’s edge. The estate of the granny lady should be sued too. After all, she was the one who caused the wreck.

In the end, truth and justice have nothing to with these types of cases, and this approach will bring forth the indisputable desired result: Making lawyers more money - no matter who pays.

:stupid:

Everything causes cancer in Kaliforeignya too.

13. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

your right!, and if you see a warning label and wonder why the hell someone would do whatever its telling you not to. the reason that label is there is because some moron did it.

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I was showering a while back. There was a Scrubbing Bubbles bath and tile sprayer hanging from the showerhead. Label explained how to use it.

Last line read: "NOT a body wash":wow: