1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“running down an elderly woman”

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by weber#465, Oct 29, 2010.

1. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure it should go forward, now should the old biddy get anything? Different question.

3. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

She's dead, but the lawyers will try to collect.

Why should it go to court?

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

A broken hip was pretty debilitating when I was 24, and can functionally end the life of an elderly person. Could be worth some beans.

But WTF are the parents doing letting these 4 year olds race up and down a city side walk? I'm sure they had few options in Manhattan, but still, if you knock an old lady over you gonna pay suckah!

5. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

The lawsuit against the kids is ridiculous. If you feel that strongly you should be compensated, you should sue the parents that were watching. And the judge that allows a 4 yr old to be sued is a moron, the same as the judge that awarded money for you spilling hot coffee on yourself, or you getting fat over 12 years because you are the food st the restaurant you worked in. Our society is full of morons now days, everyone wants to sue someone to get rich instead of earning their lifestyle.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You do know that judgment was in Brazil, don't you...

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Go read overlawyered.com for pure comedy lawyer joy.

If you didn't hate lawyers before, you will after reading that site. :D

8. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

example from the article is a kid running across the street. my 6 yr old knows not to run across the street, but think about it. as a child, you see your parent who just got home from work, and dart across the street not thinking about cars because your a child who is only focusing on 1 thing; giving dad a hug hello. that kid is only liable for being a kid that loves their parent. the person who crashes trying to avoid the kid wasnt paying enough attention. everytime i read shit like that i love my country more and more!!

9. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

I saw the full story after I posted. I was going on the insinuations the local news was shoveling. they made it seem like it was here in my state, let alone out of the country. But the coffee lawsuit was here, and many others just like it. Our legal system is flawed and severely corrupt.

10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

The coffee lawsuit happened, but do you know the facts? Google it. It is not what you might think it is.

11. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I am trying to figure out if you are being serious or joking.

12. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I have read it.

I love laughing at people when all they say is a lady spilled coffee and collected a million dollars.

:D

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wasn't the cup failing tho, was still her taking off the lid off coffee and putting it between her legs. Was it too hot? Yep. Was she at fault? I still say yep.

15. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

McD had been warned multiple times that the coffee was too hot
    She was in the passenger seat with her grandson driving
    They were stopped at the time when she took the lid off, the car was parked.
    She originally asked McD to simply cover her medical bills around 20k
    She was awarded around 150k for her bills, and around 470k as punishment to McD.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

She should have been offered some burn cream and a class on how not to be a fuckin idiot.

17. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

And what about McD having been warned multiple times that the coffee they were serving was too hot?

BTW she had 3rd degree burns, burn cream would make things worse.

18. Venom51

Can you even make coffee too hot...?

No cup holders in the car until the coffee cooled down a bit?

How about not trying to drink screaming hot coffee in a moving vehicle?

A burn on your leg should not equal a million bucks unless a McDonalds employee dumped the cup in your lap. If you aren't coordinated enough or too stupid to deal with a hot cup of coffee then how is that McDonalds fault.

Who would have been the next ass hat suing them for the coffee not being hot?

19. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Car wasn't moving, car was parked.

She wasn't trying to drink it, she was taking the lid off to put cream/sugar in it

It wasn't a million dollars, as stated earlier she only sought money to cover her medical bills, McD refused. She was awarded money to cover her medical bills and then an additional ~470k as punishment to McD

McD had been warned multiple times that the coffee they were serving was too hot. Water can be super heated above 212 degrees in the microwave.

If the story that routinely gets mentioned were true as it normally is stated I would agree with everything you said. Problem is there is more to the case than routinely is stated and the facts of the case are different.

20. Venom51

Didn't pay attention in science class did we... water can be super heated if all conditions are almost perfect as in smooth glass conatiner and almost completely pure water...other wise it just boils...

If in fact it was superheated it would have smacked her in the face when she dropped in the first partical of cream or sugar. More likely it would have done it to the guy putting the lid on the coffee.