1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

’turning point’ for U.S. military

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hawk518, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

CIC's vision!

Maybe, it is time to defend our borders. Oh, wait! :D

What about the next "we" and his idea/expectation/request/reality?

I heard a funny joke: not to worry about our troop force or readiness. The path to citizenship will grant us plenty of recruits that can operate covert behind any border. :D

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

This is not a turning point that I want to see. I just do not understand why we would want to weaken our military and what that projects to the rest of the world. We are a superpower and far above average. At any time that we become an average nation militarily, we begin to surrender to any enemy that wants to destroy us.

3. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

We've done this after every major campaign. Bush 1 conducted a Reduction in Force (RIF) DURING Desert Storm. That had more to do with future retirement benifits but illustrates that point that defense is run like a business. If there is no current need then it's hard to justify the expense for an overwhelming ground force to sit ready. Defense technology development carries on though.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

FTFY, unfortunately.

All I can say is I'd hate to be the poor schmuck sitting slightly behind the advancement curve with 14-16 years in. You better re-up RIGHT NOW to fill out your 20 or you might not be able to later.