1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

‘A Different Kind Of Tea Party’ Tax Day Protest

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Ganja Dude, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

Update From NORML’s ‘A Different Kind Of Tea Party’ Tax Day Protest

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

14 billion... Romantic hippies!

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hah, I "met" with those folks back in '92. They had a crystal bong.

4. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

I am sure that with all of 5 protesters, they'll be taken seriously...

5. Ganja Dude

Obama's twist on town hall; top Internet query was about marijuana

I see that there are only 5 people in the picture, I'm guessing that more than that showed up though. Either way what is more important, the amount of people at the protest, or the amount of revenue it could generate?

6. nycstripes

Without more people wanting to come out to protest, the movement is dead before it begins. I don't think its a good idea to legalize it but I would guess that it won't come to be in our lifetime.

7. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Doesn't regulating the drug as it is stimulate the economy? DEA, ATF, seizure and sale of property, businesses.

If one's going to go after legalizing drugs, go at it from a freedom aspect rather than "making money for the government". They just screw that up and loose it anyway, then increase the tax. "It wasn't enough."

8. Ganja Dude

Why in your opinion is it not a good ideal to end the prohibition on pot? I'm guessing that you also think alcohol and tobacco should be made illegal. Those two DRUGS cause way more problems for the people using them and others than pot ever will.

9. Ganja Dude

From my understanding that money goes right back into the WoD, so it doesn't really stimulate the economy.

While I understand and agree with the concept of what you are saying, if it was truly about freedom, Hemp/pot would have never been made illegal in the first place. I think you know as well as I do, basically everything in this county anymore is about the $ that can be made, and not at all about freedom.

10. nycstripes

I understand your devotion to the marijuana plant, I can only suggest that you head over to a bar and have a drink....legally.

As for legalization. In NY its already been de-criminalized years ago. I can't see it being beneficial to take that further than this. I personally don't see it as being so harmless but that's just my opinion. I believe that its an addictive substance and does lead to the abuse of other harder drugs.

Legalization of marijuana may or may not "cause" any more problems than alcohol but that will remain to be seen....like I said, probably not in our lifetime.

11. Super Dave

I disagree.

But if you believe that, then recreational MJ would be legal wouldn't it? A buck to be made...

12. Super Dave

Why not? Doesn't the money go for wages, uniforms, guns, office equipment, plane tickets, cars, office rentals...

I'm playing devil's advocate here. Yeah, I'd rather it stay in a rich person's pocket to make something happen, but...

13. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I don't get pot users wanting it to be legal, if it's legal it'll be produced by big corporations, deluted down, the costs of lisenscing, production, transportation, storage will all be added into the price. Then it will be TAXED all to hell by local, state, and federal governments. So, the illegal dime bag will now be a legal C-note bag. Carefull what you ask for, you might get it.

14. Super Dave

Yeah, I agree. Seems kind of silly.

15. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

There would have been more there but they got stoned & missed it !:Pop:

16. Super Dave

But the impact on the economy, well, at least at Frito-lay... :D

17. Ganja Dude

I don't want to drink, I don't like the hangover, and I have no desire to accidentally bump into to some drunk guy that wants to fight over it. Oh the the fun of drinking.:rolleyes:

So have noticed an increase in the use of harder drugs since MJ became decriminalized in NY? Can you cite any facts about the two biggest propaganda things you believe? I know you can't, so I'll I can take from that is it is just easier for you to believe the years of propaganda you have heard.

Dutch drug policies do not increase marijuana use, first rigorous comparative study finds

As you have already states in some states MJ has already been decriminalized, are there major increases in problems in those cities/states? It does not remain to be seen, most people already know the amount of problems alcohol causes. MJ may not be legal, but millions smoke it without a rise in murder, wife/child beatings and others things that alcohol is involved in a large percentage of the time.

Health Care Costs of Alcohol

18. Ganja Dude

Many people/corporations are already making money off of it staying illegal. The pharmaceutical industry, the prison industry, the alcohol and tobacco industry (which includes state and federal governement), and the tree industry just to name a few. The people already making big bucks off of it being illegal, don't want to lose any piece of their pie.

19. Ganja Dude

Honestly I just want to governement to end the prohibition of the plant, and let free people grow it and do whatever they please with it, with no intervention.

20. Ganja Dude

Drugs, Alcohol and Crime