1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chopper at Summit

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jun 12, 2005.

1. VFRgrl

VFRgrl Well-Known Member

I was one of the cornerworkers in 5. Immediately after the accident, we asked for the session to be stopped (red flag) because there was a rider and bike on the track. Immediately after that an ambulance was called. The ambulance that responds to T5 is rolled from victory circle-so it takes some time.
    If you have a problem with the way the incident played out - Feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]. I'm sure you could have done better so why don't you come and help out??(although in my opinion it was a textbook call and response),
    This doesn't belong in this thread.

T, my sister Kumi (captain 5 that day) Kuala76, my sister Amy (pickup 5) and I (Lori, Flagger 5) All wish you the very best, and hope for a speedy recovery. Can't wait to see you back in the pits joking around.

2. nsdq

nsdq Member

I owe myself $20. I knew someone was going to take this personally. I'm not filing a complaint or writing my congressman. Have you ever seen those movies where someone is waiting for something to happen and every second on the clock seems to take 5 minutes, and the bead of sweat gets bigger and bigger until it's the size of a mini cooper? That's all I was trying to say - Race Dir. hit it on the head - time seemed to stand still. Regarding helping out - been there - I worked that exact corner myself several years ago. I didn't mean to give you a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

4. Skittlepitcrew

Skittlepitcrew Well-Known Member

Hey all!! All still the same.

The Doctors are frustrating terrance and he has told 5 or 6 nurses that he doesnt want to have to give them a black eye! :D They are planning on surgery Friday. They will be fusing the vertebrate back together.

NSDQ as a spectator it always seems like forever. A few years back I watched Terrance crash in six in the rain. He was out for a few seconds, but watching it seemed like 10 minutes. I caught it on tape, he watched it back and it really wasnt as long as I had orginally thought! Always the case.

Thank you everyone again for your thoughts and prayers. Terrance seemed somewhat surprised that so many people were thinking of him.

Thanks again.

Shauna

5. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

You guys did just fine, in that situation as well as all day. :up:

6. CrazyR6man

CrazyR6man Well-Known Member

Get well soon T... Heal fast :up:

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

We were actually thinking of sending 75lbs of pennies and a get well card.:D

8. JLG

JLG Well-Known Member

I told T that I was going to reinforce our mailbox for that very reason! :D :D :D

9. T-Shirt Racing

T-Shirt Racing Well-Known Member

Hey T,
    Sorry to hear about all that your having to go through. I'll be praying for you, and if there's anything that we can do from NC please let us know. John & Philip Hart (894 & 896)

10. racerxxx96

racerxxx96 Well-Known Member

thanks vic...i am fine though feel great yeah some dude on an R6 ran right into me mid corner.....i leaned into him and thought i saved it until i felt the second hit from the same guy that pushed us off the track....of course he made it!!!

i had it upright and slowed down a good bit but once the sand hit the front tire the bike just stopped and through me over the bars....they said i had some blood around the spleen but i went for another catscan and apparently it did stop bleedign and is healing fine....i wont be at Loudon but i wil lbe going to the VIR formula usa weekend... i think you made the right choice a few weeks ago....you know what i mean.... you going to VIR?

worse part the dude didnt even have the decency to come over and see how i was the next day...

T again get well soon, if you need anything let me know i will do my best to help out in anyway......

by the way how did it happen to T what turn?

11. DaBeast

DaBeast Well-Known Member

Yo T, thru it all man, I hate to hear of your incident, but at the same time, glad to hear that we aren't speaking of you in the past tense!!! You know our past, so take this to heart, I wish you a speedy recovery man and if I can help in any way, you know where I am! UP AND AT 'EM!

12. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Any news about the opperation today?

13. northernyamaboy

northernyamaboy Yo Terrance! You're slow!

I tried to call Shauna this morning but no answer. I'm planning on driving down their tomorrow to see the twinkie.

14. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Thinking good thoughts today for you, T, for your surgery! Hoping everything goes perfectly and you'll be all healed up and good to go in no time!

15. JLG

JLG Well-Known Member

I just spoke with Shauna and T's surgery is scheduled for 2 or 3pm this afternoon. Doctors did not tell her how long the procedure will be. SClark and I will be going over there tonight to check in on them both and deliver the mail.

JLG

16. racerxxx96

racerxxx96 Well-Known Member

keep us updated!!!!

17. slclark65

slclark65 Well-Known Member

Good luck Terrance.

18. kl954

kl954 Well-Known Member

Good Luck!

Good luck!

Kent

19. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

I'll have my phone with Web Access, so I'll read the BBS to him. Thus, fill this with any thoughts you have for him.

20. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

If he has surgery this PM then you won't be reading him anything! It may be tomorrow before he remebers his name!:D

Tell him we are still praying for him!