1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

600rr Or 636 Or 1000 Help!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by knowledge, May 7, 2005.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

My new/used 600RR scares the shit out of me. And I woner if I am even riding it at 50%?

2. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

:confused: You are not sliding the tires dude.....they suck and are seconds from letting go! Just swap the pads...buy some rearsets...set up your suspension....etc.!!!!!!!!! Duhamel won daytona on your bike:wow:

3. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

how would a 750 limit you??? unless you plan on going to an ama event......

4. Rocketmann#67

Rocketmann#67 Well-Known Member

i raced an 01 F4i for three years, and i never got everything out of it... i reached my limit before the bike did... like Moonshine said those tires are shit... put a set of race tires, new rearsets, brake pads,and some suspension mods and it will be a whole different bike.. don't forget to regear it... but if it is going to double as your street bike, I would go with the older 01-03 GSXR750. The new 750 only makes a few more hp anyways. dynoed my 01 750 this past weekend and got 120.7hp with just a Devil slip-on and a techlusion box...

one more thing, if you do plan on using it for track days or racing you will eventually go down... so why spend alot of money on a bike that is eventually going to get smashed... save some money get the older model. there are plenty of classes that you can race a 750 in. and you will still have plenty of money left over for track days, aftermarket, and spare parts.

just my .02

5. knowledge

knowledge Member

I have noticed that 207's blow just didnt want to spend the money till I got a little use outa them.

When I ride a friends 636 it just wants to turn so easy I guess the is the bigest diff. I feel same with 04 gsxr 600 just seams that there is more there to work with...can I get my f4i to feel better like that with suspension mods. if so where do I start( i did do some adjusting according to some basic recamendations from some racers, off the web though)
    Tires Whats the best for street and track, lotsa talk of the pilot power...?
    If I could I would love to keep this bike I do love it just thought it was runnin out of performance esp. after riding 04 636,gsxr,05 R1,05 gsxr 1000, these bike are so confedance inspiring .. I feel like even the big boys are better in the twisties than my 02 f4i

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

My Honda didn't like to turn until I got the front end worked. I spent the rest of the weekend turning in to soon because of the difference in the way it handles.

I have a good shock, but the front end only had springs. Once th evalving and oil level were taken care of it turned much better.

The Kawis do turn well once they get rolling about 5mph.

I like the idea of the 750 for all around use also. The older generation is plenty good and cheaper with lots of parts around to be had.

Your still riding to fast on the street.:Poke:

7. knowledge

knowledge Member

is that why they call oyu stick boy? Always with that last poke in the eye LOL

Ya gotta admit there are few things that are more fun than leaving your signature around a turn (in the backroads of course) than exiting with the front 1 -2' off the tarmac...........I know, I know....:tut:

8. stickboy274

The reason we all say that is because we all did it and got hurt or friends got hurt. That's how we ended up racing.

I have lost friends out in places where we don't see cars and are very safe roads.

The 750 still sounds like a good option for what you want to do.

9. mango

mango Ewah Felicitys underpants

You can't argue with someone that just wants to argue. Let'em

mangle himself, then he'll be another of the thousands that says,

"Ya, I used to ride, but she threw me down and I lost a leg, those

things are dangerous".

10. knowledge

knowledge Member

You guys got me all wrong, its OK though I dont expect you all to Know me from a few lines of text.... Im actuly not a punk prob. a lot less than most of you... I want to get onto the track more and more that is why I ask the precieding valid questions.. I do know how dangerious this all is. I have good friend with rods in there legs and lost a very good friend last year in front of my eye's in a controled enviroment... A Race....on a track...like you all do. and he was by far the best racer there, without questiojn the best and that day I still had to whatch him die in the armes of his brother and in front of the eyes of his family. Please do not asume to know me or my thoughts...it is all dangerious...every time anyone of us throw a leg over one of these machines.... I dont race yet, so my fix is on the street ..Thats all I got Im sure you all can remember those days....
    Hope I dont get hurt ...Hope you all stay healthy too. Sorry but I gotta move to a diff. forum Just sick of defending Myself here

11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

The difference between the racers on the track and you on the street is the fact that you are endangering innocent people. Everytime I see an idiot on their streetbike doing wheelies in traffic I cringe....take it to the track dude.

12. stickboy274

I think the 750 will do what you want it to do.

13. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

the 04 750 has ~127hp and weighs the same as a new gsxr600 and handles like it but pulls like a beast with beast powers. RRRRROOOOOOAAAAARRRRR

14. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

When did Valentino Rossi move to MD?? No one has told me of this.

15. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Words to live by....with which I agree 1000%...:up:

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

If its any consolation i'd get the 636. Sounds faster.

17. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

ha...

boy did you pick the wrong forum....

1) there are no 'safe' streets,
    2) take it to the track,
    3) once on the track, watch in awe as riders in the advanced rider group beat the living crap out of the track on 600's.
    4) do as many trackdays as possible
    5) try wiping the massive grin off your face that you get every time you think of riding on the track =D

18. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

Ok ... I agree with the fact that "knowledge" is riding to fast for the street, but ... should we be more helpful in getting him on the track or just bash him for probably doing things that we used to do (although I never slid both tires on the street, except when I was crashing). Are we bringing riders off the street and to WERA or are we pushing them away?

Just something to think about ... I jumped him too, for riding to aggressive on the street.

PS - Knowledge, you gotta have thick skin to hang out here ... buy what you want and bring it to the track!

19. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Knowledge - what you really need is a 125GP bike, don't we all.

20. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

I'll take only a factory racing Aprilia...thank you very much!