1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

600rr Or 636 Or 1000 Help!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by knowledge, May 7, 2005.

1. knowledge

knowledge Member

Hoping to get a little feedback from you guys and gals. I have been riding about 7-8 months now. I have a 02 F4i, love the comfort, realy do but need a little more performance I will always mostly ride on the street but do want to get some more track days and maybee get into novice racing.. so my question is what do you guys feel is a better 600 the honda RR or the 636 for all around use. I have riden the 636 but also hate the position it puts me in (6' 1" and 185lbs) does the RR perform on the track as well as the ZX or will I be disapointed ? And one more isue is I realy like the 1000's but if I want to race it is there a big jump in experiance and ability or are there novice riders there too? Guess im just sick of having to wring its neck to get any power out of the 600's. well lots of questiojns maybee yall can help a bit ..tanks

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

honestly, if you mainly streetride, the F4i will be very hard to beat. it will be just fine for trackday thrashing and will be far more comfortable than any current 600/750 or 1000 supersport bike. if you want a bit more power, you can do some upgrades, just dont go overboard.

and as far as novices on 1000's? :Puke:

3. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Novices can't race 1000cc multis.

At 8 months of riding I doubt you need more hp.
    The F4i (out of the Katana, ZZR600 & YZF600R) is probably the best real world sportbike you could own.

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Might want to check that, Sir.

5. bent

bent Well-Known Member

DUDE thats a load of SHIT! the katana is not even in the same catagory as the f4i or zzr 600

keep the f4i u wont go any faster on a new bike!!

6. jg54

jg54 Well-Known Member

For mostly street - 1000, love that power. or the perfect compomise IMO- Suzuki 750.

7. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Yeah it is. second tier 600cc sportbike. They just happen to be a little better and newer...

D

8. knowledge

knowledge Member

first wanna say thanks for feedback guys. I also wana add that I have only been riding sportbikes for 8 months or so but have been on two wheels for many many years. I love the handeling of the 600's but I am at the point (on the street at least) where the F4i ( I love) can not offer me enough I am literaly beeting the shit out of this thing. Always just a few rpm from the red, tires always sliding on full lean( although I do have the stock crap 207 on there) not enough ground clearence, want more positive brakes...ect...... So I guess I agree on the 600 aspect but want more performance yet find the zx a little uncomfy.... How much hp can I get out of a 05 600rr while still remaing streetable?

AN I gotta say the kan a tuna is not a sport bike the f4i is :)
    Thanx

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

get off the street if your riding like that.

10. knowledge

knowledge Member

For mostly street - 1000, love that power. or the perfect compomise IMO- Suzuki 750.

that is what i was thinking but cant find a 04 750 for the right price, all are overpriced. I was thinkinig 1000 for street ( I also love the power) but do want to do trackdays and try to get into racing.... cant afford two bikes

11. knowledge

knowledge Member

Hey cb 186 I dont want to tart any bad blood here.. but... do not asume to know me by a line on a computer screen. I know there is a time and a place. I am a very reponsible rider. I make a point to put noone in danger beond myself. It is like saying that I am a much more responsible rider than you...I did not join this forum to defend myself I hope I wont have to continue......
    hey cb185 do you own a sportbike? well maybee you should slowdown too....

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

yes Sir, i do own a sportbike. i only ride on the track though.

if your riding hard enough to be at redline all the time and "sliding both ends", your going WAY too fast on public roads. my recommendations werent just in the best interest of others around you, but for yourself and the image of motorcyclists that ride in a proper fashion on the street.

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I think you should get the 1k because you can go fast. I was out riding in town on my Gixxer today and I noticed that I could barely slide my tires around town with my wife on back. I think with a 1k I would have no problem "backing it in" I saw some other squids..erm...street riders today on 1k's and thats when I decided that "Man what am I doing with this 600 with my wife on the back, I could be like those guys on those 1k's"

14. [How much hp can I get out of a 05 600rr while still remaing streetable?

You can get 110 to 112 at the rear wheel with a pipe and Power commander. Plus you get the upsidown forks and its much lighter than the f4i.

15. Rocketmann#67

Rocketmann#67 Well-Known Member

if I were you I would go with a GSXR 750. best all around bike in my opinion, but don't pass over the older model so fast. they are plenty fast and there are plenty of spare parts out there... having the latest and greatest isn't always the anwser. and your wallet will thank you... save a few grand on an older model and use the extra for a few track days and some aftermarket parts...

just my .02

16. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

Sliding both tires?

Sliding both tires on the street at full lean?

Then you're riding way to aggressive for the street. You need to take it to the track and chill on the street riding. The only thing a faster bike is going to do for you on the street ... is get you injuried quicker!

What's going to happen the first time you are sliding both tires through a corner and hit some sand or there's a stalled car in your path?

17. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

an 01-03 gsxr750 will be a huge improvement over the f4i. like everyone else said i don't think that there is a sportbike that has more parts availability than this bike and ~123hp. But the 04+ 750 is definitely faster lighter and better handling,although it cost more it would be more of an investment because it would last you longer.

18. knowledge

knowledge Member

you make a good point rocketman I have been very interested in a 750 but havent found anything yet and that would leave more money do some track time. I guess that is prety important to me I wanna get better on a track... will only help on the street too....always need more skill:)

19. knowledge

knowledge Member

K let me take care of this...... I live in MD Bike is NY there is an area in ny just east of lake ontario to thrash open roads NO HOUSES 17 miles in fact was there last wknd for 4 and 1/2 hours did not see 1 car not 1 car.... speed limit on the way there mostly speed limet on the way back. only one or two stand up wheelies me and 16 other riders...all of wich are very responsable riders no..so we can all calm down about riding hard:up:

I am just one of those people that say if im ganna spend the money than I should just get a 04. would love a 750 but I wunder if I wanna get into racing wont that limit me....?

20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I have found, though I am very novice is that the only limit is you.