What plane did I just see?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 2, 2024.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Big BIG straight wing, four props, silver just flew over Greensboro NC at 6:35pm.

It wasn't super loud like a war plane but could have been some vintage bomber.

2. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

upload_2024-5-2_17-42-20.jpeg look like this? C130

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nope I know what a c130 looks and sounds like.

Silhouette like a B24 maybe but I expect that to be louder.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

5. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

You need to search flightradar24 when that stuff comes up

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Rising likes this.
  7. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Those jokesters in the Chair Force would refer to it as a “B1RD”.

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

If only you'd had a camera with you...

5axis, stk0308, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It was Suzuki's cargo flight, taking the remaining parts once used for their race team back to the junkyard.

britx303, 2blueYam and YamahaRick like this.
  10. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

B-29 for sure. It was in Statesville last couple days and flew out today. Rode over yesterday and wanted to lookie see. But the wait for just the walk thru ground tour was like 2-3 hours. So headed back home. Weird hours of like 10am to 3pm each day.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Ask this guy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2024
  12. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I never saw a chair on the flightline...but dang, I sure am glad I scored high enough on the ASVAB to have a choice where I wanted to go...

13. rohorn

rohorn Well-Known Member

14. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

"Pilot to Bombardier" is a never-fail poop moment, just squeeze hard til your face turns red then let it fly.

15. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

I'm so old that I remember going to Wold Chamberlain field (MSP) and watching my Dad arrive from business trips in Constellations.

One of the most beautiful designs ever.

SundaySocial, beac83, Gino230 and 3 others like this.
  16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Dave K?

DJ Baker likes this.
  17. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

"Back"
    :crackup:

dtalbott likes this.
  18. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

$600 for the worst seat to ride and then they add on a $35.40 ticketing fee. That's a little insulting after throwing down some pretty serious bank for a short ride. I mean if you need the ticket to be $635.40 then just charge that. Rant over...

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

That has been happening for at least 30 years, so welcome to the 90s. The $600 goes to the plane operating company. The $35.40 goes to the company that hosts the web site and processes the tickets. The 1-3% for the credit card interchange fee comes out of that of course. They take a beating when things get cancelled and they have to do a bunch of credits and refunds. The credits usually are more than original charge to save the interchange vs the credit and they get you to come back, but either way it is an expense. If you think it is a license to print money, go ahead and stand up a ticketing company. Don't forget to budget a massive amount of money for advertising and client entertainment that you will need to try to break up the existing ticketing platform's lock on the market. Plus staffing a call center and a top-notch info-security group. Being hacked or brought down by denial-of-service attacks will likely be the end of your business.

20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Someone missed thee point.

chobes likes this.