1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2024-2025 NFL Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 12, 2024.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A ticket out of Minneshitholia.

BigBird and brex like this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Can't put it much better than that - free gamble.
    The Steelers can't get much worse, but I also don't think Wilson has anything left.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Cousins (or his agent) might be the smartest person in the NFL. He is the Taylor Swift of football. I admire both of them for their business acumen.

How much of it was guaranteed? That's the only number that seems to matter in the NFL. And rightly so, I would say.

BigBird likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

I don't disagree, but he would definitely have to earn $30M for at least one season. I don't see many other WRs getting nearly that. Tyreek Hill would probably be the only one that would be close

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Anyone in the Denver front office involved in the Wilson contract should be fired. What the hell do they think they knew that Pete Carroll didn't?

Nonetheless, it's a fantastic business move by the Steelers. If it actually turns out to be a good football decision as well, everyone involved should get Hall of Fame points.

R1Racer99 and brex like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If the Steelers get two good games out of him they are up. Three to four? Deal of the year.

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Hill signed for roughly 15% of the salary cap when he signed. If Justin Jefferson gets 15% now, that's in the neighborhood of $38M a year.

BigBird likes this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Steelers hedge their Wilson bet by taking Fields from the Bears.
    How many weeks into the season does Fields get the starting job? I'm gonna go with week 9.

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

WOW ... talk about a shake up. So 2 new vet QBs in the room and a new OC... how is Arthur going to work this out. I can't imagine Wilson expected to be the backup when he signed for league minimum.

If it works out, its a stroke of genius. All its costing them is $1.2mil and a 3rd day draft pick NEXT YEAR. :eek:

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I really hope Justin gets some good coaching .
    Bears really did him wrong .
    Maybe whomever they draft will have better luck .

dtalbott likes this.
  11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Supposedly they will take that USC qb as the first pick.

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

No where near a done deal .
    At least they are surrounding the pick with high caliber players .
    Defense should be good .

13. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

So y'all are sayin the steelers are gonna be stacked at QB?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Stacked up like a cord of wood. Steelers fans around here are loudly proclaiming that the division title is theirs next year along with a trip to the super bowl. I'm saying that Tomlin has his first loosing season ever after pinning his hopes on a washed up qb and an unknown qb that will be coached by someone who had a pretty bad record 0f 21-30 in atlanta.

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That's just gonna piss Josh off.

17. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Surprising to me. He didn't have great production last year but also not terrible. I'd imagine the thinking is that we clear up $27 million next year in cap and look to add via the draft. The draft capital we get from the deal isn't great though.

Interesting move...

18. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Emotionally it comes as a bit of a gut punch initially, as Diggs arrival coincided with Allen's rise. However when looking at it subjectively it is the right move. Minnesota got rid of him and almost immediately JJ was better for Minnesota than Diggs. Hopefully Bills can hit on a wide receiver in the draft that will have similar impact that JJ did in Minny. With Samuel being a slot guy, I wonder if that means Shakir will move outside? Makes me think they have a lot of trust in Kincaid also.

19. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Yeah, having both DKs as targets helps with our current weapon inventory. Definitely have a few needs on both sides of the ball now...

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't think Diggs wanted to be there anymore. Something happened between him and Josh last summer and they weren't the same since. His production has started to drop off and he had a few big drops this year including one in the playoffs. They got him from Minn. because he became a whiny diva receiver and he's leaving Buffalo because he became a whiny diva receiver.