1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 2 | Portugal | Portimao | March 22-24

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 18, 2024.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

:crackup:Times were tough!!! And I assumed those rules were for slow people :p

Hell yeah I went for every hole that I could! Over the grass, around the outside, through the bumps, off the ground, slideways, sideways, anyways I could make it through and protect my front wheel and make it stick.

just like Pecco did as he stuck that switchback on MM ;) I said early in the thread that he probably expected MM to cut back and even to bump him but was prepared as he was in front… not often a little bump from the outside knocks down a bike like that :eek:

gapman789 likes this.
  2. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Damn, sorry to hear bro. I did something similar in the dirt. First thing to hit the ground was my ass - took a grapefruit size rock to the left glute and was hobbled for weeks. Looked like Quasimodo. lol

Hopefully, you’ll heal up and come back.

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

sounds like a real pain in the ass :D

cbush likes this.
  4. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

I was swole up like Kim Kardashian. lol

27 likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

NTTAWWT.

27 likes this.
  6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Sounds similar to my high-side retirement crash at NJMP Lightning turn 5 going over the crest (farther to fall that way). Broken tailbone. The bruising went from my calf up to an outline of my back protector on my lower back. Apparently, I had internal bruising from my butt hitting my bone structure as well. That was probably the most painful part. My HitAir saved the upper body any injury outside a minor bruise on my arm. Rider behind me said: "You got some serious airtime". I was 55, so a bit older than you are now, but just doing track days not racing. I have zero regrets, but others get a huge itch to go back out, so follow your own instincts.

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think that anybody who is going to compare Marquez on the Honda with Marquez on the Ducati needs to rethink their perspective. I don't know if we will ever understand how big a POS the Honda was/ is and how long it has been that bad. But, what Marquez had to do on that pos to be competetive is, perhaps, his true nature as a racer. People get pissed that he did the " follow you out" shenanigans in order to get a tow shows how bad the Honda is and what he had to do. Did you see him pulling that stuff at either of the two races this year? Nope, because he doesn't have to anymore given the abilities of his new bike. I just don't give any creedence to Marquez and his "agression and red mist". All of the competetive riders need to be aggressive and concentrate on getting the most out of yourself and the bike. Otherwise you end up fighting it out (circulating) with Morbidelli and Marini.
    I no longer dislike Marquez, I have moderated my position to indifference moving towards grudging respect.

8. Critter

Critter Registered

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I see your Delete and raise you Backspace...

10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

trump card would be the Cnt Alt Del iirc :D

11. Critter

Critter Registered

Yes I decided no to argue with someone, it's not worth it to me

12. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Well, I took a bit to post up but this trip over to see the round was well worth it. Spent 2 days in London, 1.5 days in Madrid, and 3.5 in Portimao. Planed out flights, hotels, and rental car and to be honest you guys were spot on. It was incredibly reasonable. Everyone was super nice and we did not have any issues at all. I would recommend this to anyone. Thank you to everyone that sent notes on stuff to do and check out whilst there too.

wsmc42, HPPT, SuddenBraking and 5 others like this.
  13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Oh I love Mladin. IMG_8389.jpeg

cbush likes this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

[​IMG]

15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Although this has been beaten to death, I can't believe nobody has pointed out- Pecco CAN'T just let Marc pass him without a fight. He's the factory #1 boy and Marc is the newcomer to Ducati. Pecco can't let Marc beat him. Period.

Pecco knew it would be tight, he timed his turn in incredibly, barely missing Marc's rear wheel (he had to wait, duh.) and probably assumed when Marc saw him on the inside, he'd pick it up. Well, that didn't work out!

Ducati would probably trade 2 sets of bodywork for 8 weeks of media madness about their 2 riders any day. Oh, and they won the race anyway!

Phl218 and Circacee like this.