1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squatters- talk to me like I am in 5th grade

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Mar 1, 2024.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nah, that guy really sounds like he believes what he's saying but just had clearly not taken the time to process what it says about him. I don't think he was strolling in the same way that closeted Marquez fan keeps trying to bait people.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Chronic naivete, inability to think past one level of consequence, and a worldview based more on "muh feels" than reality.

It's not just him, though... THAT is the true global pandemic.

Quicktoy, mike w, 10-15 and 3 others like this.
  3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

What's even more funny is that he's complaining about boomers. It was his boomer grandparents' generation that started all the commie BS he's spouting. What's old is new again.

4. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

He’s probably on another web board , complaining about the high gas prices, caused by the greedy convenience store owners .

brex, Quicktoy and tl1098 like this.
  5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

And big oil raking in those record profits. There are plenty of valid points little zoomer was on, but then ze/zer just jumps the shark.

aaronson likes this.
  6. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Bohemians had a code to live by and had class. Hipsters, Steam Punks and the lowest of all Squatters have none of that and should be treated accordingly.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow you're clueless :crackup:

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

So, hoping this doesn't get considered as political, but what are everyone's opinions on foreign investors buying single-family housing in bulk? I'm OK with owning an overseas vacation property but I don't like the idea of a foreign national or entity buying up hundreds of houses to turn into rentals.

9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

How are they buying single fam housing in bulk ? County tax foreclosure auctions ?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Generally, these are entry level homes. Any house that comes on the market in an area / neighborhood they grab immediately with a cash offer and quick closing. Entry level buyers can't match that even if they match the offered price. So, all the entry level buyers end up renting and most of the rentals are controlled by the foreign company so they can charge high rents because they control the market.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which sounds great as an excuse but doesn't really work as a reason. The expectation that they all deserve a 4 bedroom mcmansion as a mid 20 year old is what keeps people from buying houses more than anything. Cheap houses are out there, when you're poor you live in the hood, welcome to reality.

cincigp likes this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Foreign individuals, more power to 'em.

Foreign corporations, I don't like it, but that is part of a free market system.

14. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

There are two main methods. Tax sale hasn't been a worthwhile path since the 2008 recession. Either they set up LLC's and have employees on the ground who are chasing down cold call leads or working with realtors for single property purchases or they are making deals with builders to buy entire subdivisions. Beezer has gotten into this business as have some of the other big national builders. The Teacher's Pension Fund of Canada was becoming a player in this area a few years ago.

As far as how big this is - in late February Georgia State released a study they had done that found about 19000 single family homes in the metro area were owned by three companies. It's an interesting read.

tony 340 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's not buying in bulk tho.

16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Corporations are people.

auminer likes this.
  17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Yeah but it was about 11% of the rental inventory.

45% are owner occupied.

11% of 55% is six percent.

Just another story blaming smart investors for the issues poor, stupid, and lazy people have.

18. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how it isn't. If you are buying 20 or 30 properties a week, whether in one transaction or in rapid succession it is bulk versus how the market has typically functioned.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, because a bunch of single transactions is a bunch of single transactions and bulk is all in one purchase. :crackup:

I truly don't care but it's funny to say bulk when that's not how it happens. Not like someone is out there offering a group of houses for one price per house but hey if you buy 100 we'll cut you a deal! :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bulk ownership?