1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 2 | Portugal | Portimao | March 22-24

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

So you both lost...

BigBird and 27 like this.
  2. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Well after Mav's Aprilia ate it's gearbox, either Marc or Pecco would have fought over the first runner up to a podium lol...

3. younglion

Apologies to all if having a reasoned, well-mannered discussion on the beeb is causing anyone to short-circuit today, I'll do my part to go back to a monkey flinging poo at my earliest opportunity. :D

Last thing I'll add is that I differentiate in our definition of a pass as Marc COMPLETED his pass, Pecco ATTEMPTED one and shat the bed. ;)

cbush, BigBird, Razr and 2 others like this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I enjoy different views…even if they’re wrong :D

thanks for the convo as always… :)

younglion likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And yet, if he stuck the pass, it would have been a stroke of brilliance.

stk0308 and younglion like this.
  6. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

We can disagree all day about who was at fault there. My personal opinion, for which I have no basis but what I saw, aligns with the “ego, 7 time world champ and the two time world champ marking their territory, they were both at fault, what a monumentally dumb thing to do over fifth place” school of thought expressed here.

Or, put slightly differently, I think this was a good example of a couple of guys who should know a hell of a lot better acting like a couple of 15 year old novice 125 riders at the local mx track. Red mist meets throttle hand, mature judgment goes out the window.

And I get it that there cannot be any indisputably right answer.

But one thing I think we can all agree on is, it is virtually certain that the Ducati bosses got these guys off alone and delivered a “knock that shit off, don’t ever knock down anybody on a Ducati again, we’re spending tens of millions of dollars on you yo-yos” message to each of them, but respectfully, of course, in deference to their immense talents and numerous world championships, etc. etc., yada yada.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    BigBird, gapman789, Pixelator and 2 others like this.
  7. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Over taking rider responsible for clean pass.

cbush, BigBird, SuddenBraking and 2 others like this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

not sure what I think Ducati did though… I think Gigi is a let them race kind of guy… as it’s his job to get the most out of his garage and he’s confident he can

Tardozzi showed his colors last year trying to interfere with riders in pit lane… no respect there

one thing for sure… this season is going to be great again

Gino230, Quicktoy and PatricksDad like this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

so as long as a rider makes it in front of the other a millimeter without contact the pass is complete and clean right? :D

cpettit likes this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah but MM ran wide and he knew that Pecco would sneak in there. Plus these guys have ears too

27 likes this.
  11. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

It's as clear as the nose on his face that stupid asshole My Overlord turned in on Pecco on purpose.

I might just go to Austin to give him some shit. If you hear from the audience on TV "Hey you stupid asshole go fuck yourself" you'll know who is saying it. Maybe Ill say it in Spanish too.

12. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Looks like Bags was clean to me....Bags looking ahead, has no idea where MM is...For all Bags knew, MM was barrel rolling through the gravel.

MM leans on Bags' bike and folds it over, making it look as if Bags hit MM.

Look at MM's lean angle....he's in the process of turning down onto Bags. MM knew he was there but just didn't give an inch.

That's how my 54 yr old eyes see'd it. :)

bags mm.jpg

13. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

So a different way to say the same thing I said above is, how many thousand opportunities is a guy presented with to learn and then exercise exercise good judgment under fire, while winning two world championships? How many in winning SEVEN world championships? How elevated above us mere mortals are these two guys in track sense, perception of risk, how many block passes and crossovers have they successfully executed?

And under what conditions would BOTH of these guys forget what they’ve learned in all those successful world championship seasons?

I’m guessing it’s exactly these conditions: “I’m best.” “No you’re not, I am.” Followed quickly by “Oops.”

27 likes this.
  14. younglion

I think it's 8 - 1 moto3/125, 1 in Moto2, and 6 in GP.

cbush and BigBird like this.
  15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

And then there's this.

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

thought you were done making proper contributions ;) we can’t disagree on posted facts… come on man! :)

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

MM to Bag......
    "Obviously your ambition outweighed your talent" :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Anyone see the top 3 in the cool down room ragging on MM?

SuddenBraking and 27 like this.
  19. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Sure would be interesting if Acosta were to win at COTA

ShadowBoxer and 27 like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

MM93 by 2.5 seconds in sprint and 5 seconds in race.

He's the King of COTA.

cbush likes this.