1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flag etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Mar 16, 2024.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Who knew Flag OCD was a thing? This would make Brooome proud.... :D

stk0308 and ToofPic like this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

For some of us, it’s part of our duties to get it flown or draped in the appropriate manner

3. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Finally someone who agrees with me! Drives me crazy watching them drag in on the ground and often upside down or backwards.

4. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

The Flag has taken on a unfortunate direction, following the majority of Americans, who just don't give a s#it. And it is the majority, especially the 30 and under demographics.

But what gets under
    my skin are these ass hat dipshits.
    Screenshot_20240317-133638~2.png Screenshot_20240317-133151~2.png
    And there's a whole legion of these idiots driving around with shredded and filthy and often dragging / resting on the ground.
    WHATS MORE INSULTING..There not even patriotic enough to purchase a flag made in the USA.
    I'm willing to bet 95% of these morons, purchase " Hecho in China" flags.
    Same dudes are usually flying the Donalds flag or a F**k Biden flag , and almost always the American to flag NOT being illuminated at night ☹️

And don't get me started on the current fashion of ( social division) flags...
    Screenshot_20240317-134017~2.png
    Yes..let's all raise a flag, first of all which is considered a desecration by changing the colors, second of all a flag that does not represent "all" Americans and only brings attention to one particular group.

That's 100% pure bulls#it.
    It's as Un- American, as it can get. Goes against everything we should stand for.

I pretty certain , it's all over..
    Does anyone actually think we're going to survive the aftermath of next 1-2 generations of these mindless, uneducated kids coming up through the ranks....

Certain Doom I tell ya..Certain Doom

As Lloyd Bridges would say "picked a fine time to stop drinking" :timeforabeer:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Back to the original question...just go around to the other side of the building if this bothers you so much.....o_O

6. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. That’s what I wanted to say but I didn’t want to get banned. :flag:

7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

You are joking, right?

Gixxerguy855 and StaccatoFan like this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm kind of torn on this one. I'd rather see them showing pride in their
    country by mis-displaying the flag instead of taking a knee or giving a
    power fist salute. Same thing with the flag on clothing, I prefer it to
    not displaying the flag anywhere at all.
    But I don't like political versions of the flag or raggedy, torn flags.
    You can buy quality flags that are manufactured to withstand high
    winds but even those wear out and should be replaced on a regular
    basis.

ToofPic likes this.
  9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I don't know about "certain doom" but I'm having a harder and harder time with so many people acting like the rules are all optional and don't apply to me/them.

Lots of rules need changing, but do the work and get them changed. Don't just ignore them and then act surprised and pissed off when you end up with big fine or even some jail time.
    [This is not aimed at anyone or any particular act. Its a general complaint. From the assholes who blow red lights to those who ignore any other rules they don't like.]

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

What if you just beat Drago in Moscow?

[​IMG]

ToofPic likes this.
  11. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Saw a flag used as a table cloth for a display at a Sears. Had a pic but seem to have lost it.

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Sheesh, I hate to ask, but is a blonde bombshell in stars'n'splangled bikini now a cause for a woody or a splinter?.... :D

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yes. US Code Title 4 Chapter 1 Section 8 d) and k)

Since you asked.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Nice try, Schmeckleputz

“The flag” is an actual flag. Not a reproduction of a flag.

Meaning you can’t take a flag off the flagpole and turn it into a bikini. You can make a bikini out of cloth festooned as a flag.

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Nobody said that stuff gets a pass.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nope.

If it invokes the flag it's disrespectful.

Schmeckleputz.

o_O

17. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Remember the movie Hoosiers...

18. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Found it.

US Flag as Table Cloth.jpg

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I would call that poor decision-making.

Gixxerguy855 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  20. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Some of y'all never watched YouTube videos of Floridians, and weekend mud bogs, and drunken debauchery..
    Grab you're pearls, and just do some searching...and lets not forget Gatlinburg Tennessee. Home of billions of
    lifted trucks,Rebel Flags.
    I giggled my tits off in Gatlinburg eating breakfast one morning, while listening to a New Yorker
    on his cell phone. "You know all those Rebel Flags?!! I now know where they come from!!" The wife and I were in tears
    listening to this Yankee talk about the south at breakfast. Here in sunny CA its Mextican flags every now and then flying
    on some shit box

Once a Wanker.. likes this.