1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Beautiful presentation. Amazing liveries. That is what we need!

evakat likes this.
  2. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Andrew Lee on a nice looking BMW confirmed

evakat likes this.
  3. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Yep, he’s riding the MotoExotica bike for Jarred Fixler

4. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

SBK or STK1000?

5. MotoJames

MotoJames Member

Anyone know what happened with Warhorse and Onlyfans? Seems like whatever happened was very last minute. I know the AMA sent out a bulletin a few months ago for supercross essentially banning that kind of sponsorship but I haven't found anything for road racing.

6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I wonder if subscribers to Josh’s OF got the scoop on this :crackup:

7. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Provisionally qualified 4th and 26th today. I haven't read about any 'last minute' issues with the team today, or otherwise.
    https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/motoamerica-escalante-breaks-lap-record-during-daytona-200-q1/

8. Irate

Irate Member

If you read around post 1400 in this thread you'll see the AMA didn't ban Onlyfans, they banned having a sponsor with adult content and no age verification method, and that people on the team have to be 18+.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. MotoJames

MotoJames Member

Yes and no. The line I'm zeroing on is section e line 2
    "Social Media Platform sponsors must not promote adult content within the platform." This is what I think is the grey area. The product being promoted is actually OFtv which doesn't allow/promote adult content, but they are using the main OF long which certainly does.
    However, as I said initially, that bulletin was for supercross and I haven't found any guidelines for road racing.

All that being said, I've learned that a complaint was from "outside the paddock" that made them remove all logos and Warhorse should be running their full sponsorship package for the regular season.

r6fast likes this.
  10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

why dont you give full credit to sean bice and post what he said in full mr. moderator?

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Is there a link to that article?

12. MotoJames

MotoJames Member

Because ultimately, the full statement doesn't change the context nor does the source. It also doesn't give any specifics. So until there is some sort of press release it is all hearsay.

But, since you insist...
    "As I understand it, a complaint was made by someone (or some organization), presumably outside the paddock about the OnlyFans logos on the team's bikes. Ultimately, the team removed the OnlyFans logos from the bikes and assorted equipment but kept the blue livery. This change was made for Daytona only. Presumably, the team's Superbikes will display OnlyFans logos for the rest of the season starting at Road Atlanta." -Sean Bice

Irate likes this.
  13. MotoJames

MotoJames Member

No article. It was just me asking Sean in the MotoAmerica discord if he had any insight to what might be going on.

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Interesting.

15. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

CRA_Fizzer and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  16. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I'm connecting this with what Melissa P. said a little while ago when she was interviewed. "Exciting news to share after the Daytona round is over," or something similar. New team, new riders, etc.

koth442 and MotoJames like this.
  17. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Dunno. Josh Hayes lurks here sometimes. Maybe he'll chime in and give us the deets?

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Word around the paddock is that it came down from Audi / Ducati that the only fan
    Kaleb did 31's on Daytona gearing during the track day, and he was being very careful with the engine and the bike. When Teagg Hobbs was there a few years ago he did :30's on his Team Hammer SV, so I think the boys today on the Aprilia would be in the 28's no problem. If I recall back in the day you guys were winning races doing :34's and 35's?

19. MotoJames

MotoJames Member

20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Word around the paddock is that Audi / Ducati saw the Only Fans thing and pulled the plug. The word "million" was being thrown around and now all of that money will leave the paddock- sucks for all involved, not the least of which is the riders who are probably going to lose a paycheck.

AndrewG725 and redtailracing like this.