1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

This is typical motocycle industry behavior.

People want outside sponsors in the paddock.

Now there is one and it's not good enough and it's not real.

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

great to hear

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, Thomas brought himself into the sport :D

4. Michael Bassani

Michael Bassani Well-Known Member

More power to him.

I'm sure given the circumstances many of us would do something similar.
    Having a marketing budget and the authority to funnel it into motorsports? Yes please. I don't care if I am selling kitchen cutlery or doggie poop bags, I'll find a way to make it relevant to motorsport somehow.

Gino230, Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

This makes me laugh because when I started the only time I adjusted clip ons was when I was trying to get the bent ones to point in the right general direction again… usually with a 4’ pipe for leverage :D

I got spoiled with nice things later and had to have things set properly but never changed them after being set…. Some riders need things a certain way I get that but I’ve never had one request ergo adjustments regularly… if that his worst issue then that’s not too bad I guess… :D

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Even though we were marking / peening the fork / clipon / top clamp to mark where he wanted them adjusted he would still sit on the thing and want it moved a cunt hair one way or the other. That's fine with me and he rode really well last season and it was honor to wrench for him and the team. It was an awesome experience. It's just when we we are swapping forks and shocks so often things have to be adjusted and tweaked so he's comfortable.

Kaleb is methodical and his thought processes in getting up to speed are professional. He has a very good knack of communicating to the crew chiefs and mechanics to let us know what he needs to improve even at the most incremental amounts. He's not a crasher and he's not hard on equipment. The clip on thing is just a joke we bounce back and forth with each other and Kaleb embraces it knowing we are just fucking with him. All is good. :) Good luck to him at Daytona! Let the 2024 racing season begin!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
    Gino230, R1Racer99, Zoomie and 4 others like this.
  7. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

what does a R7 turn at homestead Gino? Just curious to compare it to our SV times from 20 years ago…man I feel old now lol

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Figured as much, my limited experiences with him years ago were similar… nice kid…

2024 is a go… about time!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Endurance racing will teach the pickiest of riders they're being too picky and need to concentrate on other shit :D

10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

sarcasm?

just saw a pic of their rig at Daytona…

11. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Different brains work different ways. Hard to say which is better. There have been riders who were super picky, but really good at providing feedback to make the bike the best it could be. Problem is, when the bike isn't perfect, they're not happy so won't be fast. Then there's the guys like Gobert, who just rode the shit out of anything, no matter how it was set up.

5axis likes this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Endurance racing should be a prerequisite for all racers… so many lessons learned for everyone on and off the track… love me some endurance!

After listening to my teammates for a few rounds and my broken leg on another’s set up and a loss, a second instead of a win, I informed them all that the team would now be a dictatorship, and I was the head tator! They lovingly chase a different part of the word to describe me :crackup:

I just realized it’s the 20th anniversary of our 2004 endurance championship! Oh man.. we need to get the band back together for some sort of on track gathering… I think we’re all still able bodied and have no excuses :D thanks for those memories Sean…

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Most notable quote from our time in endurance racing: It's an R6.. Just shutup and ride it. :D

MrGooch, Once a Wanker.., 27 and 5 others like this.
  14. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Anyone else try the Live+ app today??

15. Ducman851

Never mind. Somehow I thought today was Thursday

DOH!

16. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Meetball flag for jumping the start

17. Ducman851

Apparently

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

You be delusional :Poke:

19. Irate

Irate Member

Has anyone heard if they're still streaming live to Youtube as well? I'm already a subscriber to Youtube Premium so it'd be pretty cool.

20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I think they do, but not live. Usually tape delayed or even next day.