1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Yep. The WSB video pass did this to me this year. I probably only watched 2 races last year because it is a pain since they don't have an app for ROKU. I emailed them asking for the black friday deal and they said only for new customers. So, short story long, I guess I won't be watching WSB this year.

418 likes this.
  2. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Here’s the rub.

A few important notes:

• Live+ subscribers who subscribed through the Apple or Android app stores will need to subscribe again through the new Live+ page as those were not transferable to the new platform. 

dieterly likes this.
  3. Jordan Diggs

Jordan Diggs Lifelong Back Marker

Well?!

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sorry, I didn't ask if the info was confidential. Not sure why it would be but they're our people so you know…

Yama-saurus likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

<lightly clenched fist> respect. :up:

6. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

7. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Just so long as the Roku app still works for MA Live+ I'm good. It was super reliable last season.

AC1108 likes this.
  8. Jordan Diggs

Jordan Diggs Lifelong Back Marker

that’s fair, I’m hoping Xavi gets a seat maybe they offer one.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Xavi on the Attack R1 might be very competitive.

10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

If CamP doesn't quit filming boogers and start riding that could be a thing.

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

GSX8R technical regs have been released. Basically superstock engine mods but with a spec cam to raise hp. Stock airbox must remain, intake boots/velocity stacks can be changed. Minimum weight has not been determined. Min weight for the class is 338 lbs. I would think the new Suzuki being a bit chunky can't get down there anyway.

Once a Wanker.. and Peter Hively like this.
  12. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I'm not an engine expert like you, Mike, but I was surprised that it seems the new Suzuki is allowed fewer engine mods than the Aprilia, which can have ported head, aftermarket rods, and is not limited to just 2 spec aftermarket cams, right? Since the Suzuki has less hp than Aprilia in stock form, I was expecting Suzuki would get at least as many engine upgrade options as Aprilia, or actually more.

I'm curious what you think.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

engine expert, that's funny... ;)

The bike has 117cc more displacement than the RS660. It has to be restricted. Look at the KTM790, easy to get 100hp and 63 ft lbs of tq with ss mods. Suzuki neutered the shit out of the GSX8, but the potential of a 776cc twin is huge.

Most people don't realize the R7 has a 40cc displacement advantage over the Aprilia, which is why it gets off the corner so well. A 117cc advantage is huge, and without a spec ECU to limit tq maps, gotta balance with limiting mods and weight..

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  14. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

There are folks getting 90+ to the tire with bolt-ons. I’d guess if they can get the weight within shouting distance, they’ll race OK.

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Any chance Team Hammer, or anyone else that you're aware of, is going to run one this year?

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Yo, have you been living off grid in a cave?

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yes, Hammer and Vance and Hines were announced a week or two ago.

koth442 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Pretty much. Got a big promotion in October and have barely been able to keep up with most offseason stuff, especially MA. Found myself more focused on keeping up with WSBK & GP. Honestly haven't read most of this thread. Happy to see more diversity in the class though.

Senna, koth442 and regularguy like this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The biggest penalty that the Suzuki has is that it's ugly as all hell.

20. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

If there were penalties for ugly then most of our mugs would have us starting from pit lane! :D