1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the road...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jun 1, 2016.

1. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Maybe a mount for a camera - toll pass - whatever ?
    Little hole for running a wire?

dtalbott likes this.
  2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Toll passes are mounted inside windshield, as are most cameras, to keep them out of the elements.

ducnut and dtalbott like this.
  3. IrocRob

[​IMG]
    Taken from the Peterbuilt website

Once a Wanker.. and dtalbott like this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

That's a mount for one of those beeper thingies for blind spot warning.

ducnut and dtalbott like this.
  5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Thanks.

6. dtalbott

I'm beginning to think it's a mount for whatever I can figure out to mount to it

418 likes this.
  7. IrocRob

There's also a video that shows a large screen mounted there, one on each side of the truck. No mention of what those screens are for though.
    Yes I noticed that I misspelled Peterbilt. Sorry.... :crackup:

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

.50 cal for long range lot lizard strikes. :D

dtalbott likes this.
  9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I was thinking midget glory hole,but you're idea works too

dtalbott likes this.
  10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Last night, I got to thinking about this whole deal, because Samsara was dinging me for speeding. All the incidents were because the POS wasn’t recognizing speed changes. I went from 100% to 79%, in one night.

But, let me go back to last Thursday and a conversation I had with one of the driver managers. He has drivers continually getting dinged, because of Samsara’s inaccuracies. He was going into the system and manually updating the speed limits, wherever this is occurring. He was told by a manager above him to stop doing this, without an explanation. I’m pretty certain it is specifically to disqualify every driver here from receiving a safety bonus. 1st quarter of 2023, I got a bonus. 2nd quarter I had a debacle with the ownership, when I refused to drive to drive a POS loaner truck and I told them what I thought of their equipment. My comments did cause them to make policy changes and one of the owners now has to personally inspect equipment and fill out an inspection report. Haha. 3rd quarter, we get Samsara and I have had no reason to NOT receive a bonus, other than getting dinged for all the speeding events. Today, talking to another driver, he said he didn’t know of a single driver who had gotten a bonus, since Samsara.

Looking at the entire industry, think of how many millions in safety bonuses are not getting paid out. Just like a driver’s time in the shop, in the dock, etc, not being worth anything, yet, every other employee in the industry gets paid for their time. Frustrating.

AC1108, dtalbott and ToofPic like this.
  11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

That sux!! But its not surprising! They are always looking for a way to stick one in your ass! I was out of the business,and in Dietary school,until our building failed state.I've been looking and interviewing since I quit driving in December.It's a shit show,and the pay here in Commiefornia is the worst I have ever seen. I honestly don't know what to do!! A friend messaged me tonight,and I guess I could go back to hauling wine,but the owner was a Dick!! Sounds like your company is making bank on keeping those bonuses! Keep a journal!! It holds up in court

ducnut likes this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Shouldn't there be a road there somewhere?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's where his GPS told him to go.

14. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Like everything, things will get worse until it’s critical point time. Seems the industry is ready to drop any and all semblance of requirements for professional drivers to try and keep those trucks rolling. I can’t wait for those repercussions…

ducnut and ToofPic like this.
  15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

We’re already experiencing the repercussions. The ELD’s, constant inspections, nuclear settlements, “No Truck Parking” signs, ever-tighter restrictions, stagnating pay scale, increasing disregard for drivers, etc.

The more idiots these companies can employ on a 1099, the worse it’s going to get. Companies have figured out people are just that ignorant and will keep pushing lease-purchase and 1099. And, idiots, especially immigrants, are going to keep signing up. It’s terrible to watch the ever-increasing exploitation of human beings and continued decline of a once-proud industry.

dtalbott and tl1098 like this.
  16. dtalbott

Why the issue with the ELD? That's the one that doesn't bother me.

exracer941 likes this.
  17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Because it’s gathering all the data from the truck, which is what has caused the huge increase in ambulance chasers. Once the lawyers learned the capabilities of the ELD, now, they just subpoena that info and employ forensic investigators to go in and analyze it. Then, the lawyers build their case around that data, which is indisputable.

Here’s an example why that’s a really bad thing. Yesterday, you had your cruise set at 67mph, across whichever state, and the speed limit was 65mph. Today, you have your cruise set at the speed limit, minding your own business, and a suicidal person chooses to hit you head-on and dies. The deceased person’s family immediately seeks out an ambulance chaser. In court, that lawyer will present a case built upon your speeding yesterday, because if you hadn’t have been speeding yesterday, you wouldn’t have been in that precise location today, and the deceased person would still be alive. Nevermind the deceased person’s mental state and you doing nothing wrong. The general populace views truck drivers as the scum of the earth, people only remember seeing truck accidents because of lack of association to themselves, people only remember the speeding trucks because of lack of association to themselves, and whatever else a lawyer can come up with to sway the jury. The ELD data will seal the deal. Further, the deceased person may have never held a job in their entire life, yet, because the trucking companies carry substantial insurance policies and the average opinion of truck drivers is so negative, the jury will not care one bit about sensibilities, when figuring up the next nuclear award they want to be proud being a part of. These lawyers have made any accident involving a truck their priority, because of the availability of indisputable data and monumental payouts.

418 likes this.
  18. dtalbott

I was only considering the ELD taking the place of the paper logs. Hadn't really given much thought to all the other data it collects.

ducnut likes this.
  19. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

hero-darryl-4-e1687838229122.jpg
    I sense that you are not a fan of Darryl"the Hammer" Isaacs?

ducnut likes this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

Jim Adler ""THE TEXAS HAMMER"" has a bigger hammer. But then, everything's bigger in Texas.

Why do these yeller Ferrari shysters love hammers so much??:confused:

Small pecker compensation?

ducnut likes this.