1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I've had the opportunity to shoot a Colt Model 70 in 45 and it was challenging to achieve the same accuracy as I can with a 9mm. part of the allure of the 1911 is "mastering" the platform.

2. S Tsotsoros

Maybe if I hit the lottery. The name is awesome.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. S Tsotsoros

So what you're saying is, it's the equivalent of a showroom motorcycle. It's the starting point to make your own by spending more $$ :)

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You could go up a level and look at -

Heirloom Precision
    Cabot

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Weak sauce. The slide release is better anyway, you know, pragmatic Scandinavians and shut. Much rarer those Singers ate, maybe get a US Signal variant instead.

Wait, no - going intergalactic gat instead.

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

That might be the coolest fucking thing I've ever heard of lol

RonR likes this.
  7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Exactly!!!

8. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Not answering your specific question, just tossing in my $0.02
    I have a Les Baer Monolith Heavyweight and love that thing. If I the house was burning down and I could only grab one, that's the one.

S Tsotsoros, RonR and StaccatoFan like this.
  9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

You need to be able to shoot at 10 yards accurately for 2 seasons before worrying about 25 yards or else you'll never shoot faster and you'll die in a fire.

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I think if I was in the market for a "traditional" 1911, I'd get it chambered in 10mm.

11. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

My stamp for my can came in at 5 months and three weeks. Better than the eight months I was told to expect.

12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

On average at my shop I saw a high water mark of efile form 4s at 9 months summer of 23. Since then it has dropped to now an average of 5 months. Will it reach 90 days as promised? Time will tell.

Resident Plarp likes this.
  13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

90 days in 90 years, probably.

14. S Tsotsoros

Have any of you attended the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA?

i
    t looks interesting as a one stop shop for most things Outdoors related however, it’s a 6 hour round trip.

For those of you that have been to the Green Top Expo and the Great American Outdoor will I see anything there I didn’t see at the Green Top Expo?

https://www.visithersheyharrisburg.org/events/great-american-outdoor-show/

15. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Hey Bro! How you been? I hope all is well .

Thanks for posting this. I’m currently traveling around the New England area camping etc and will be going back to Pittsburgh before I head to Florida again and im going to be traveling right through the Harrisburg area next week so will prolly check this event out

Thanks for posting .

16. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

A guy i know says that sig has begun shipping weapons with braces again. Is it safe to assume that I can put one on my 10" 300 build now?

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’ve been a few times but haven’t been to green top. From what I understand the Harrisburg show is the biggest of its kind in the world?
    You can easily spend a couple days there.

18. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Well, it wouldn’t be traditional then would it.

Make no mistake, I like the 10mm but if you’re going to go traditional it’s gotta be a .45 ACP.

Sabre699 likes this.
  19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The great american outdoor show IS huge...are you really interested in most of this stuff? I thought not. Went once just to see what it was all about and not going again.I wanted to check out all the pistols and many vendors weren't there. Great if you wanted a S&W or Taurus but what else?

20. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I don't disagree...I couldn't think of another way to describe it but the word "Traditional". And I guess by that I mean single stack mag and the resulting thinner grip.

I just like the 10mm round better than the .45ACP round.