1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2023-2024 NFL Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 13, 2023.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They don't want to get small packages in the mail.

p.s. errrrrbody knows you got a sustainable supply of content.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I doubt that's the only group he looks down on.

BigBird and R1Racer99 like this.
  3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

nfl-memes-conference-championships-46.jpg_attachment_cache_bust=4617175&quality=85&strip=info.jpg

brex likes this.
  4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

[​IMG]

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

auminer likes this.
  7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Nah. I’ll clue you in. I grew up in a house with parents in the service industry. And I’ve worked in it myself. Bar and restaurant work is living on shaky ground. Depending on people having disposable income, especially now. A fragile floor to stand on. I lived through the late 70s. And this is worse.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

"Dan Campbell is the type of guy to get a 20 in Blackjack and still says "Hit me." "

scottn, Razr, HPPT and 4 others like this.
  9. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Probably a dumb take, but I kind of wish these guys would get the majority of their money from incentives. Aidan Hutchison is a beast, but he did nothing in that game while Purdy took his team to the Super Bowl. Same draft class, but Hutchinson is making ten times what Purdy is because of where he was drafted. And my team’s QB is getting ten times what Aidan is getting and hasn’t gotten close to a championship game, let alone a Super Bowl.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

well they had to cap draft pick salaries as it was getting crazy. teams didn't even want the top pick because the asking price was so high.

Hutchinson I remember definitely had a batted ball and was putting pressure on them. The Jags really messed up not drafting him.

11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Late edit but Cousins got $35 million guaranteed for one year and hasn’t come close to winning anything. I get what you’re saying, I just think it should be incentive-based.

BigBird likes this.
  12. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

I think you mean Merit Based.

BigBird likes this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Damn. Just when I think there's no hope for your dumb ass, you go and post this. :D

I've been saying this for YEARS.

Maybe a nuance, but your actual IN-GAME numbers get you paid. QB throws for 350 and 4 TDs with no picks and we win= a bigger paycheck than a 15 for 30 for 150, no TDs and 3 picks. Linebacker gets 3 sacks and 10 more tackles, plus a pick= big payday.

Granted, this would raise issues of people looking out for their own stats vs playing as a team.

There's just way too much money floating around the game for an actual good system to exist.

That's why I like TX high school football so much. Those boys leave it all out there on the field every game.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
    R1Racer99 likes this.
  14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

So that’s a yes then, you agree with what he said.

Razr likes this.
  15. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Hell naw that shyt cut deep!

BigBird likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it's more the level of control he wants over the entire team and management. Can't blame him for wanting it or teams for not giving it to him.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed and same with blaming kickers.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF? How did the refs make the Chiefs step their game up and the Ravens not be able to counter it? Did you get suckered into believing the hype because the Ravens kept getting lucky all regular season? :Poke: :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF is with the swift shit? They show her a couple times - showed more depressed ravens fans than they showed Chiefs girlfriends/wives/parents. Even then all of it was minor compared to the actual football they had on.

dtalbott and ducrcr like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kelce was absolutely shit talking - but pay attention here - talking. No hands first, no dancing over another player or any of the obvious shit that always gets a penalty. He suckers the other teams players into being the ones the ref sees - and that is all on them for being stupid enough to fall for it.