1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Thanks man, that is what I used. For whatever reason they never updated sbk

mrrogers likes this.
  2. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

I figured I just wanted to make sure you weren't diving down the rabbit hole of calculating individual posts on your own accord.

henry_carlson likes this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Let the Gold Wing run in baggers. Factory Honda will show up with DuHamel.

4. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

MotoAmerica’s Facebook page says Fueling Parts will field a team in the bagger series with Reuben Xaus in 2024. Xaus is currently 45 years old.

koth442 likes this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

And yet you are knowledgable about transferable skills? You may have lost some credibility with me as far as your opinion goes.

6. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Zemke...

03RumbleBee, stk0308 and 5axis like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Another young gun who would've been honing his skills in 600 supersport with an eye towards the world championships but got derailed by those shitty baggers.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How old is Mladin now? :D

he’d be awesome to watch race the pigs. :crackup:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Weren't you one of the haters when the whole thing started? Did I imagine that or are you a bandwagon jumper? :D

10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Can you buy Grattan, and fix a few of the runoff issues?

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought it was moronic and a waste of paddock space when they were first proposed. I also hated the twins and the junior cup.

1 of those three brings in spectators, new big dollar teams, sponsors and cash.

The baggers are just so absurd and shouldn’t be as much dick and fart joke enjoyable as they are to watch.

Do I like them? I’d normally dodge the question with a “I like money” but I’m on the bandwagon: I like ‘em. :)

AndrewG725 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Colin as a Novice was the RC30, a TZ250 and maybe a 125? He definitely had the bike to beat in every class he ran. He rode great too of course but the bikes were amazing for what the other novices were on.

AndrewG725 likes this.
  13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

LOL without turning this into a TDJU post, Gawer aint running near the front in any Class so $25-$30k aint necessary.

14. Robby-Bobby

Its not every man that can be condescending, sarcastic, and correct in the same sentence. Congrats. LOL

Gino230 likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don’t remember a 125 but who knows.

backbone likes this.
  16. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

I don't have a bike, but I know how to ride and have raced cars. I also follow a tonne of journalists who know there stuff and that comes directly from them.

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

lol. damn dude....

18. Robby-Bobby

Funny story about journalists that you may or may not use to gain knowledge, but approx 10 years ago, when I was contracted for Triumph, I was invited as a guest instructor for their Sportbike launch through the mountains.

Anyways, other than RRW and maybe 1-2 others, out of the 20-30 "Journalists" I learned a great deal about them. Other than writing good, they were average riders, mostly spewing BS about setups that were completely backwards, and some were adjusting their bikes for the twisting and setting suspension, all while weeble wobbling around the roads.

In other words, I learned a LOT about journalists that weekend and again, other than RRW and maybe a very small amount of others, 95% were completely full of shit and my mom could ride circles around them.

19. AndrewG725

AndrewG725 Well-Known Member

lol sure, EDR has or had a FZ07/R7 for sale for like $7k with a 95 HP motor, easily capable with a good rider. I sold my jr cup bike for $7500 with a pretty fresh motor, good luck trying to get $30k for a twins cup bike! Nobody said “running up front” either, so thanks for the irrelevant input. $9k would get you a jr cup bike with a spare motor included, you are not in tune with the market at all.

If you think $9k is a great deal for a slow dinosaur bike, why don’t you buy it?

20. AndrewG725

AndrewG725 Well-Known Member

yeah exactly. My ZX6R is probably a $20k or so build, though who knows at this point. God knows I don’t have a million dollars to drive around the country all year and be supported by my parents.

I love watching you guys fall back on personal attacks because you didn’t like me saying the truth