1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Mikayla Moore?

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

They should roll sstk 1000 into SBK and just call it superbike cup. Give them 109% cutoff from the sbk pole time.

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Sonya Lloyd was #28 in BTR so might be her.

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

no

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Now imagine that the small record label asks you to bring $75000 to the table.

The Great One and Chazzz like this.
  6. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Gotta shake bushes and make yourself more marketable, its all about what can you bring to the team ( $$$ wise ) and how can you represent for ever now ( not just winning ).

Namarow and Gino230 like this.
  7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing with you that it sucks, but......

This kind of makes it sound like they've only been at this game since Rocco started racing MA around 2019 or whatever it was. But the reality is they have been all in since he was very young. And now 5 or 6 years in the Pro paddock and this is the only paid offer. They had other offers that were not paid for other classes, I have heard. How many years do you sacrifice in order to build a career?

Honestly at some point you have to take a paycheck. Everyone knows the talent is still there, regardless of the machine that's being ridden.

This idea that somehow successful rides in premier classes over here will magically morph into a career in Europe needs to die. The only thing that gets you a career in Europe is winning on a Superbike or moving to Europe and racing there.

Michael Hausknecht likes this.
  8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

She would have been the best candidate. But, judging from the plate number I agree with what was previously posted, Sonja Lloyd. In the latest batch of BTR she is a good 2nd choice. She does have the advantage of being the daughter of one of the Lloyd Bros, of Lloyd Brothers Racing. Mikayla really outclassed that field, though. I hope to see her continue in twins, or supersport,

9. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Jumping from a Royal Enfield to Twins is asking a lot. Jumping to Supersport is asking for a miracle. IMO a more gradual progression via Jr Cup makes sense for BTR veterans, and if Mikayla continues that's the path she will go. Her family is too smart to do otherwise.

10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

any news on Scholtz now that Westby folded?

418 likes this.
  11. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

Talkin Motorbikes Podcast, Ben Smith 1:11:10, "And then 848 Evo says that he hears Freddy, you know from Superbike Unlimited, is trying to put something together to have the Westby guys back on track next season."

Not really news but tossed in the rumour mill. Would be sick to see them continue if possible.

Circacee and javyday like this.
  12. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

What is the reason for the exodus?

13. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

MachineR1 likes this.
  14. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

All the more reason Rocco NEEDS to be in that class. He needs to race against the talent in SS this year, on proper sportbikes, so he can continue to hone his skills.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
    Namarow likes this.
  15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Essentially the STK1000 guys got a shit schedule
    Compared to what they had last year which means very little to exposure to help the riders pick up funds.

Suzuka_joe, Quicktoy and 5axis like this.
  16. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Funny but you completely miss my point.

17. Namarow

They have scholarship programs through what would be here the AMA etc. Actual corporate involvement. etc

18. Namarow

Exactly! If that is what Rocco wants so be it. But I bet he dreamed big. A year in baggers is a year taken off him reaching his potential. It is the same in Road racing. Way to many North Americans going around in napcar circles and diluting the pool If MotoA truly wants to be a place where the creme rises, Rocco is the poster child.

henry_carlson likes this.
  19. Namarow

Agree! If you are a fan of WSBK, Motogp,2 etc there are no Amercian's looking like going there anytime soon. (outside of the currents)

20. Namarow

That is a different scenery. I have read on here twice that he was offered a fully funded ride, but no pay. And again, that is where Europe etc have excellent systems for top riders to move up.