1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

It’s in the rulebook, after 55, for any license class other than Superbike you can apply for a waiver yearly and have to supply a medical eval. The website isn’t the rulebook.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cool and thanks.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wonder how they would respond to a first-class medical certificate.

We had an 82-year-old instructor with 40,000 hours put down a powerless twin Comanche at night between walls and trash dumpsters on apartment complex parking lot in a Paris suburb a few weeks ago. The plane is a write-off but all three aboard survived.

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

He might have been who I got to spend some time with chatting after overheating at COTA? If so nice gentlemen. (Dr Price that is, I'm horrible with names, I know he introduced himself but I'll be damned if I can remember.)

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

The final 2024 regs have dropped all non-technical topics, it's now solely tech regulations and does not cover sporting regs or anything else. Licensing is covered by the AMA document only at the moment. I suppose there will be a separate sporting regulations document forthcoming.

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Has anyone talked about Jeremy McWilliams not coming back to race yet? I didn’t see anything other than…

He posted that he wouldn’t be coming back to bang bars with O’Hara in Hooligans…

AndrewG725 likes this.
  8. nowayout

nowayout Well-Known Member

Thats upsetting as I really enjoyed watching him in Hooligans but I will watch him wherever he races.

418 and 27 like this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

the Austin race is spectacular… two guys giving absolutely all they had(luckily nobody injured)

nowayout likes this.
  10. nowayout

nowayout Well-Known Member

100% I just watched it again last night.

27 likes this.
  11. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

Energy drinks promoting motorcycle racing and riders...

err wait. wrong type of motorcycles.

but it begs the question. why aren't we promoting the personalities of american road racing? make the casual fan get to know the rider behind the helmet. we need stuff like this for the road racing side of things.

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I know I am not the target demographic, but a grid full of He Who Shall Not Be Named riders is very unappealing. I still say that approach is good only for the short term. It is my opinion that F1 will soon learn this.

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I just listened to the Gypsy tales podcast with Hayden and Brian Deegan and it was cool to see how they are approaching this very thing. They understand that they are the characters of the show and they are working hard to sell it. It would be great to get more of that in the road racing world.

14. Well when you turn 106 years old you have to start thinking about life after racing. :) he’s an inspiration to us more “seasoned” folks age wise.

ToofPic, SundaySocial and 27 like this.
  15. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Thanks for this info

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  16. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Sounds like a Masecar special!

Gino230, No Brakes and Shenanigans like this.
  17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

18. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I don't think you impress people about racing or riding motorcycles by showing riders crashing, especially the best riders in the world.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

It's literally a reel showing how an Airfence works... MA YT channel has millions of views at this point. They're doing something well apparently.

Y'all be mad about everything.

DJ Baker, MrGooch, backbone and 6 others like this.
  20. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

People come for the show. They don’t go to WWE for the technical wrestling. They go for the personalities, the crowd work, and the finisher.

people didn’t go to watch KISS because they were musical geniuses. They put on a show.

That’s where we need to be.

badmoon692008, 5axis, koth442 and 2 others like this.