1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about getting a Boxster... any input?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Want to make the Miata perfect? Stick the VW 2.0 in it with the DSG transmission in it.

yeah, it’ll suck paying $150 of an oil change and it’s no longer as reliable as a hammer but. . . That chassis with 260 hp. . . Mommy, can I have a cookie!?!?

mastermind likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I had an 03 mini for about 60,000 miles and the window regulators were going bad, did that happen with yours? Also, the cruise control wouldn’t always work for some reason?
    Still loved that car, very fun to drive.

3. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

The rear hatch would randomly not open.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Never had a problem with the window regulators, but I did hear they were a common problem.

Haven’t used the cruise control in a while…. might check that out.

At this point, it’s our around town rainy day car…. the thing owes us nothing and if lightening struck it right now, no worries.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Pfft thats nothing.. my brother just dropped a 550whp LS into his 99 Miata. It.Is.Insane. It spins through 4th gear while short shifting.... 1st gear? Fuhgetabboutit....

R1Racer99 likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’m talking drivable and off the showroom not pitching you into the weeds and killing more lawyers than a 911. :eek:

that’s insanity!

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

For about $5k plus installation Goodwin Racing sells a complete proven kit to get you over 240 rwhp out of a third gen NC Miata. Pretty much just intake, turbo, headers, exhaust, and ECU tune. About double what the stock engine put out on a good day.

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

So, combine the prestige of a cheap Japanese car with the reliability of a German car? Smack yourself with a lacrosse bat!

50Joe likes this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Current generation TTRS with the 5 cyclinder 2.5 is insane.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

there's a guy here with an LS's miata at the local C&C...

IG handle is juicy:

MiataKhalifa (@therealmiatakhalifa) • Instagram photos and videos

SuddenBraking likes this.
  11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

inner values and such

13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

LOL

upload_2023-12-8_19-45-42.png

SuddenBraking and Phl218 like this.
  14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Phil, still gotta stop by with my 986 S. What's your schedule looking like this week?

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Pretty busy, but most evenings I’m in the garage working on the remodel

just text me a couple of minutes ahead of time, best would be before eight when the kids go to bed

50Joe likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

the NC1 Miata which I am building to SCCA Club Spec is a pretty sweet platform, at least for mods. (my one is still all apart)

The 2.5 from the Fusion fits right in, and while the engine is being swapped, a lot of folks with put cams in, and get about 240 whp naturally. They also have Honda K swap kits coming out that make it a bolt-in affair, but that's on the more expensive side.

mastermind and 50Joe like this.