1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legit electric car question

Discussion in 'General' started by Bugslayer, Jul 13, 2023.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You mean that poem is the Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner? :confused:

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Maybe you meant supplement?

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Leave Iron Maiden outta this.

vfrket, cpettit and pickled egg like this.
  4. auminer

I wish I could say that... But I've been using that word wrong for as long as I can remember.

May as well keep doing it. At my age, what would I supplant it with? o_O

tony 340 and thrak410 like this.
  5. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

No it’s a tech startup. I’m sure they got some grant money but its mostly private investment. We are between series A and series B fund raising right now. Series A was $23M. Series B was expected to be $75-$100M but the Cruise debacle is probably going to reduce that significantly. Unfortunately they gambled and put all their eggs in one basket with Cruise (GM owned autonomous taxi company). When cruised shuttered operations after dragging a pedestrian down a San Fran street, 90% of our revenue disappeared overnight. Half the production workers and a bunch of salaried got laid off and most of the remaining salaried personnel were handed temporary paycuts until the series B shows up.

Oh yeah the guy who started it was on shark tank a few years ago and Cuban and Lori Greiner gave him $1M and he’s won a bunch of entrepreneurial competitions, including one here in Buffalo which is why the production facility is here.

6. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Oh just wanted to add, one of the biggest reasons cyber trucks not gonna sell is the worship of Musk has flipped. Reddit would have crawled through glass on their knees to eat that guys shit two years ago and now he’s basically Trump lite in their eyes. Teslas sold cuz they were considered cool because of Elon. Now not so much.

YamahaRick likes this.
  7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Well shit. That alone makes me want to buy one out of spite. Damn you!!!

tony 340 likes this.
  8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

but there's multiple reasons to like or dislike E Musk.. am i a fan of ev's? nope. do i like what else he does including having bought twit-er? and telling disney to "go fu** yourself"? yep.

StaccatoFan, 27 and Banditracer like this.
  9. I was never a fan of EV’a until I drove one. They have a purpose and are a lot of fun when driven correctly. Have an SQ5 loaner car at the moment because wife’s Q7 is at the dealer. It’s not “fast” but engine makes a great sound and that is something you don’t get and huge part of lack of soul an EV has.
    Only EV id consider would be a Tesla because in Elon I believe. I just like the way the guy sticks by what he believes in and at least appears to give zero f’s about caving to the man.

elevenn7 and MELK-MAN like this.
  10. StaccatoFan

I appreciate is dedication and belief in 1A.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. I appreciate his common sense and cautionary approach to AI. I also have an appreciation for people going to f themselves when they are encouraged to do so or if the times right, so there is that as well.

12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

You proved what I’m trying to say. The ven diagram of people who buy EV and who are right leaning and cheering on Elon right now is very much two circles barely touching themselves. Lefty self righteous, save the earth granola munchin I-have-to-have-the-latest-cool-thing are who buys EVs. With Elon going right wing or “alt-right” as lefties like to label people you can’t be seeing driving a Tesla AND spitting on Elon for his hideous views.

13. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I was driving down 95 a few days ago and saw a lady (I guess) driving a Tesla with a bumper sticker on it that said “Elon Musk sucks. This car doesn’t.” That demographic will always find a way to virtue signal yet still do whatever they want- and yeah she and her hair looked exactly how you’d think they would look.

MELK-MAN and StaccatoFan like this.
  14. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Ah, but that demo doesn’t buy trucks anyway, unless you count Subaru outbacks.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. StaccatoFan

I’m sure she uses a lot more batteries than just her Tesla too.

16. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

https://www.colemanpowersportsusa.com/DR48V_2

auminer likes this.
  17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Why were you looking at her armpits?

pawpawrc likes this.
  18. auminer

Walmart is 2.1 miles and the grocery store is .7 miles from the current rental property in Lubbock. When we buy a few more rentals once we move there to retire we will be buying as much of that 'hood as we can get our grubby mitts on and living in whichever makes sense.

That whip might be the ticket!

19. StaccatoFan

20. StaccatoFan