1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Really? Rocco received zero sanctions in 2023 and they were handed out like candy bars on Halloween .He received one penalty for passing a bike that was riding around stuck in gear under a yellow at the Ridge, which was controversial.

The list of racers who have expressed displeasure at a fellow competitors riding by flipping the bird includes those from MotoGP, SBK, Motoamerica, AMA Pro - everywhere. If you think that this rises to the level of elimination of Rocco from a ride I really don't know what to say. You were probably offended by Jack Miller, Mat Mladin, Kenny Roberts Sr., Scott Russell , Anthony Gobert and others, the list is pretty dang long. James Hunt probably gave you breathing difficulties. :)

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That didn’t seem bad to me? I remember my best friend, taking me out in a practice, and scuffing my new suit as he came over me, and I lit into him, and threatened to kick his a.. That was in the heat of the moment, and 30 seconds later we were hugging, but that’s just to illustrate when racing your emotions can sometimes get the best of you.

koth442 likes this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I understand, just was another big talking point in a long line of talking points re-Rocco last year. Go through the threads, he almost had one a weekend where someone had an issue with something Rocco said or did not say.

4. L1MTD

L1MTD Active Member

Knarf Legna and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I just don’t get it? I remember people belly aching about how he walked back to the pits with his arms swinging back and forth?

I admit the 2nd half of the season I really didn’t watch much of, and still need to, but I haven’t seen anything that would keep me from putting him on a team?

BUT, I HAVE SEEN PLENTY OF RESULTS THAT WOULD WANT ME TO HAVE HIM ON MY TEAM!!!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

8. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I do think people unfairly painted him as the “second coming of -insert motorcycle racing legend-“ when he was pre-puberty and kicking ass on the Jr Cup bikes, when he was a foot shorter and 30–40lbs lighter than some of his closes rivals (Dallas Daniels). While he is incredibly talented, his growing into an adult framed body has evened the playing field, but I think all that praise either stunted his development some or those around him. IMO.

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

I know right? I've always heard and repeated. Never trust a guy with 2 first names. That guy has 3 first names. Definitely can't be trusted. ;)

As for Rocco. I've seen him riding wheelies and endos on pit bikes around the paddock in the evening. That is just totally irresponsible and proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he does not deserve a ride. /sarcasm

All this "evidence" explaining why a few decent riders don't have quality offers makes me question the IQ of the guys holding the purse strings at the few companies that support this sport. Do they not know who their target audience is? Hello just look at the beeb. THIS is the target audience, not soccer moms called Karen. You guys are heathens and I'm very surprised by some of the pearl clutching that is going on here.

If you are trying to find the next Josh Hayes forget it, HE's the GOAT. You'll throw away a lot of talented guys if that is the threshold for sponsorship and support.

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Well thats just it, everything being talked about is off fucking bike. Its been the theme of the offseason. Give X a ride bc theyre marketable (lets overlook the fact they had a stinker of a year). Screw ABC, his dad is mean (lets forget he is a champion who would most likely dominate), This person is immature so he cant have a ride (forgetting he is on pace to shatter the all time wins record). Its madness

To Knarfs point the kid doesn't have a single sanction, much less a warning against him. But he cant public speak to save his life, has no outside sponsors, so here we are wondering why the most talent rider for years is out in the cold. And between you an me, the fact he wins every damn weekend has only hurt him. Its more mic time, lets say he just started showing promise this year, no one would bat an eyelash at his interviews.

grapemustard likes this.
  11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

For me the first question to ask when considering a rider is "can they consistently win?" Rocco checks that box.

Second is "are they a team player?" Another check.

Third is "will they acknowledge and promote sponsors?" Check.

Fourth is "will they keep their nose clean?' Again, check. :D

Fifth is "will they listen and learn?" Check.

Maybe I think differently than teams that are looking for interview queens first and results second. Some race to win, others race for ego massages. So be it, chocolate and vanilla and all that.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Read someplace last week that a race ready GSXR750 was around $42K and that fly by wire thing is was around $11K? That accurate?

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  13. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

No.

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I think the electronics are a little less than that. $7K maybe but that price is about right for a shiny new bike with new parts and an engine that's been gone through.

15. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

He definitely checks all of those boxes, although I might rank them in a different order if I were in a positions to hire a rider. The main (and maybe only) knock against him is his ego.

How happy were y'all when he pulled into the pits at Road Atlanta during race 1 after the bike overheated? That was his first race with the team, was it not? That had to be an "oh shit" moment.

Circacee likes this.
  16. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

That's correct. Chris Ulrich himself posted that in a RRW article on the new Kramer. I think he's a out as a official as you can get on the GSXr750

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

We need more Doug Chandlers and Josh Hayes in the mc road racing world ... please, it is our only hope.

CRA_Fizzer and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  18. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

JD to BMW!!!

koth442 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  19. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

And hire Mat Mladin as Team Principle to boot!

20. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Where has this been announced?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.