1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who doesn't have a ride who would be a sure top 10 WSBK?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Nov 2, 2023.

1. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

If they are to be believed, Phillip would easily be my pick if I'm team manager over Sykes. He's shown solid, yet inconsistent pace on the Duc and likely has solid backing to bring to secure the seat.

HPPT likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I disagree. If they had picked him over Josh, I would've been done with the team.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don’t know much about Öttl but from standings it’s a respectable call.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wouldn't that be like Taylor Knapp taking a ride in WSBK?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

A sure top 10 WSBK?

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I said I was searching for one. Not that we had one. That's why I need to know who else is out there.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Does he bring his own bodywork sponsor? :D

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

That can be arranged.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

418 likes this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I tried to get him or Tarran Mc last year but couldn't convince the boss. This year, Brad tested the bike at the Jerez season-ending test and put the final nail in that coffin.

I hope he does well so I can be personally vindicated. :D

418 and Yama-saurus like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice pickup for WSS. :up:

14. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

No offense to many of the riders listed, but I feel like a lot of you are under estimating what a top ten in WSBK really requires. That’s a lot of world class talent, either people on their way down from MotoGP or people who are MotoGP good but are blocked out of the championship for whatever reason (money, seats, etc). I think Garrett Gerloff at this point would have anyone’s ticket in MotoAmerica, and by a clip, and even he still has to fist fight his way into a top 10.

I think only Cam B. And Jake Gagne could do it consistently. Joe Roberts as well. PJ and JD with a bit of development but it might be track to track too.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just saw Debise landed at Evan’s brothers for ‘24.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, he tested the bike after the season finale at Jerez and they have been working on the money since (he's going from salaried to paying).

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Uff! That’s a kick to the nuts.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's the state of affairs in WSSP. GMT94 can't pay much but it's one of the few teams, if there are any others, that's never taken money from a supersport rider. Your compatriot is the first in team history to come with sponsors.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My compatriot? :confused:

Dang, I kinda knew WSS was hurting but it’s kind of a mild shock to have your fears confirmed. Oh well, I guess I can still hope that most of the wsbk grid are getting paid. . . Unless you want to crush that dream too, Zorak? :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't you claim to be German?