1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 18 | Sepang | Malaysia | Nov 10-12

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 6, 2023.

1. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Give him some time to get use to the bike.
    I'm sure it was his first time on the machine.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm sure he'll come up to speed. And frankly, 3 seconds between 1st place and 24th illustrates that it's quite a competitive field.
    Just hope if he Bautista's something, it's a solo act.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am pretty sure this wasn't his first time on the machine. I think he ran it at a test. With that said, the technology gap and the pure number of buttons you have to push per corner is completely different between MotoGP and WSBK these days. I don't think those gaps were quite so big when Baylis showed up and kicked ass. I do think he will continue to move up the ladder as the weekend goes on, provided he doesn't crash.

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  4. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

He's come along way from his crashouts lolll
    I'm sure he'll do well but no podium IMHO

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

THE CLUTCH THAT SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED.

Interesting how the Aprilia riders have been silenced. Thank god for Maverick and his compulsive complaining. :D
    I wonder if Aprilia cut a deal with the authorities to keep the points earned with the illegal part.

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

AE41 must’ve caught the Bautistas…. He crashed 4 times on Friday and three times in the second practice! Those are some strong numbers! He won’t be outdone by another old Spaniard! :crackup:

they were all easy lowsides so he can’t hold a candle to a Xaus crash even with all those tries :D

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Anyone else think that Rins is just slipping some cash to his medical team to keep going in for "surgeries" just so he wont have to ride that Honda again? "here's 100k, just slice my leg open and stitch it back up again so I can sit out another round".

I sure hope he is anyway, I'd love to see him 100% healthy again for next year.

Quicktoy and IL8APEX like this.
  8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

What was wrong/illegal about the clutch?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know any technical details other than it was working closely with electronics and functioned like an automated clutch. There's a gag order on the whole situation.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Top factory team: Yamaha.

Ducati factory just in front of Honda…way back.

Then again,

[​IMG]

11. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Twice

KneeDragger_c69 and 27 like this.
  13. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

quarter pounder out of nowhere

14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

15. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

Sweet justice.

prm likes this.
  16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

How is that different than the current quick shifters that are clutchless upshifter/downshifter?

17. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Couldn’t be happier for markey mark.

cpettit and 23103a like this.
  18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Beast within a tenth of pole on a medium rear from using his softs for the bike sucking again. Perhaps his agent should start negotiating with Repsol since Duc is pushing him out the door from injury woes. Simple terminate next year's contract and move on to HRC. Pramac can bring up Fermin now.

19. wac

wac Well-Known Member

AM73 in the mix and win , 23 did the team thing.

cpettit and 27 like this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

the sprint crash in T14 was his 27th if the year they said… and he missed all those races when he was injured from his own bowling job the first round… overachieving show off :D