1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 18 | Sepang | Malaysia | Nov 10-12

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Boring race, but glad to see the beast back on the top step. I can only imagine the relief he's feeling after that win. Was hoping for a bit more dicing between Pecco, and Jorge.

BigBird, ToofPic, Senna and 3 others like this.
  2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Iker can now say he beat Bautista this year...

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well shit, one day after I say that, Carlo Pernat shows up on the French post-race debrief show for some straight talk with Randy dePuniet and his colleague. I have missed the old bastard. He used to be a much more regular guest and I always looked forward to it. Here's why…

He started off by saying that Ducati had finally made changes to the bike on Friday to make it more like what Bestia has been asking for and that Saturday and Sunday were the result of that.

He also said that this weekend the changes nothing for the future because Enea a contract and wasn't going anywhere. He said that the initial Ducati contract was for two years, 2023 and 2024, and that Ducati had to specify by a certain date on which team he was going to be. On August 30, he received a letter confirming that he would remain on the factory team.

Then they interrupted him to go to their colleague inside the interview room who was talking to Martin. And when they came back outside, this shit got delicious. :)

French dude: "Well, Carlo, you've been listening to Martin with keen interest. You are confirming that there's a signed contract but the problem is that since the beginning of the weekend, Paolo Ciabatti has been telling us that it's not impossible that Martin and Bastianini might switch places next year."

Carlo Pernat: "I have the contract in my safe and it's the same as the contract in Ducati's safe. It is signed. Nothing changes for me. If Martin wins the championship and Ducati comes to me says 'hey, we want to make a change, blah, blah, blah,' we can talk. But talking doesn't mean changing our minds. Enea wants to be on that team. The contract is very, very clear. There's no possibility for them to change it."

Randy dePuniet: "Carlo, you know very well that contracts mean nothing these days. Marquez is leaving Honda. So, if at some point they want to kick out your rider, these days, anything can happen."

Carlo Pernat: "I understand what you were saying. I see the world completely changing. But an official contract with the attorneys is an official contract. If they want to break this contract, it's going to be 1-1.2 million euros. You were a racer. You've had managers. I went to Kit (?), I went to Tissot, I went to Alpinestar and I told them that he had a three-year contract on the official team because I have the papers. If you're not on the official team, it's half as much. So all these things, plus the attorneys, and everything else, that's two million euros. If they come and tell me 'Carlo, here is €3,000,000 to switch to Pramac with the official bike', and I tell Enea 'this is the offer, what do you want to do?', I know that Enea will want to stay on the factory team."

Randy dePuniet: "What you're saying is that he's not making €3,000,000 on the factory Ducati team…"

<Both laughing>

Carlo Pernat: "What I am telling you is that there's been too much talking when we already have a signed contract with Ducati."

BigBird, cbush, kirk erlinger and 3 others like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Kinda surprised Enea wasn't running a scooter or thumb rear brake until now. I thought that was ubiquitous in the premier class. Guess not.

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was wildly optimistic. Yikes!

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

17th with a lot of fallers.
    22nd in the sprint (only 1 faller I think).

Looks like the jump back to the big pond is a lot more complicated than before.
    Regardless, glad Bautista didn't impact the overall championship.

8. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I honest to God ! fell asleep during this race.Probably the most boring race I have ever witnessed.
    The BSB series,anything SS was better than this. And Im totally disgusted with this down syndrome
    star wars looking shit fins! If I was new to looking at this sport,I would change the channel.
    Ride a Bike!! Not a fn computer raped bike

Bugslayer and DJ Baker like this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I haven't watched it yet, sounds like I shouldn't bother.

ToofPic likes this.
  10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Watch Moto3. It never disappoints!

BigBird, SundaySocial and ToofPic like this.
  11. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Jesus Christ, what a bunch of fuckin' cry babies! It's the best motorcycle racers on the planet riding the most capable motorcycles on the planet! And just because there isn't the action of a super sport race or Moto3 every lap, you're bitching and moaning?!?

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Watch the first two laps, then skip to 3 to go. Kinda like how F1 should be watched...

BigBird, tl1098 and Banditracer like this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

There was some racing for P5 to P11, but they were too interested in showing the leaders riding around 1.5+ seconds apart.

ToofPic likes this.
  14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Praise Allah,Its sucked a cold pile of dog shit! The most computer,bat winged piles of over computed,ugly ass bikes to ever grid up. Yeah,Im bitching,and.......moaning.I guess you like napcar too? Those guys are also neutered racers.

15. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Moto3 race final few laps were definitely tense! The teenager did the right thing, hats off to him, but it looked to me like Sasaki just couldn't seal the deal in the final turn.

-T

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

There's usually at least a race or two each season that's a snoozefest.

The tire overheating issue is also causing the riders to not follow as closely over many laps. Hopefully the new front tire im 2025 fixes that.

BigBird likes this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

That didn't seem to bother any of the bikes stacked up like cord wood behind Miller.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not only that, but look at the gap to 15th place.
    Also interesting that it was his colleague Lecuona 3 seconds ahead, in 16th place. He has a lot more seat time, but Bautista had a much better bike.

19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Very happy for the beast. In motorcycle racing (to me) I am floored by just how fast the sport moves on. Add in just how disrespected (again, in my opinion) injuries are ands its a wild outcome of getting hurt and getting forgotten. With all the noise about him being dropped its great to see him show what he can do when given time to heal.

Senna and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

He said he had shoulder/collarbone issue from a crash in WSBK testing and couldn't push in the LH corners. Data said he was right there in RH corners, but much slower in LH.

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.