1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 17 | Chang | Thailand | Oct 27-29

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Thank you. Interesting they allow wings, and ride height adjustment systems, electronics, etc., but something that would allow a more consistent air pressure as the tires heat up, isn't allowed.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not sure it would solve the problem. They are getting busted for low pressures. They need to get air into the tire, not out of it.

3. VR47BALLKR

VR47BALLKR Active Member

Stoopid rules.. I'd love to see variable pressure during the race.

4. Boman Forklift

That's because they have to start low, so when it heats up behind other riders, it won't get too high and cause traction issues. It seems if the optimal pressure is 25 and the too low pressure is 22, they could have an adjustment device and peg a number in the middle but still above the minimum that FIM/Michelin wants them to hold.

In this case using those fake numbers he could start at 24 ish and if he ended up getting behind someone and it heated up to 27ish it could blow off some of the pressure, but not so much that it drops below the allowed minimum.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't they inspect some bikes after? I actually don't know. If you let out some air and you get inspected after the race, you might have a problem.

DJ Baker likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

I could be way off base, but it seems like this is the biggest problem when you have someone like Martin that stayed in front the entire time and was possibly expecting someone would come around him and heat up his front tire. So he starts with a low pressure, assuming it will heat up with traffic. Since he wasn't really passed for more than a partial lap, the front tire never heated up as much as it would have with some traffic, so the team started with too low of a pressure. Had they started higher, and with a more optimal pressure, but he was passed, then it would have gone too high. Where the bleed down device would help keep it from going too high if he was in traffic and then once out in the open, I'm presuming it would still hold most the pressure and not bleed down too much?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
    BigBird likes this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Basically, he should have followed Binder for longer... :D

The wheels are equipped with emitting pressure sensor. Big Brother Michelin knows where you are in real time....

BigBird likes this.
  8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

"bleed off valves" are common in the sprint car and midget world. Probably tons of other race cars too.

I dont think tire pressure devices would make for a better show, unless maybe added drama from more flat tires on track.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Just let them run whatever pressures they want. If it fails, it's their own fault.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

A Nascar team just goy busted using these.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well that seems like a very anti-non-semetic thing to do...

scottn and Dave Wolfe like this.
  12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Try selling a tire to the general public when they see them failing left and right because no one runs the recommended pressure.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Goy Busted is one of my favorite deathmetal bands

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

If you like them, you should look up Girl Friday Gulags.

They'll tear off any yamaka around.....

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If you really want to remove a head covering, Mohalim is your group.

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I hear they don't tip....

17. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

MotoGP rules make no sense sometimes. They banned dual clutch technology to keep costs from skyrocketing, so let's introduce seamless gearboxes that cost $100k instead. :confused:

Quicktoy and Boman Forklift like this.