1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 17 | Chang | Thailand | Oct 27-29

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 23, 2023.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

This is 3 in a row! What a sweet time of the year

Was about to say it's a Ducati track, but they ALL are this year[​IMG]

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Hopefully Martin can close the points gap a bit, I like when the championship goes to the final race. Still a few rounds to make it interesting

Circacee, Senna and BigBird like this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He sure missed a great chance of closing the points gap Saturday.

socalrider and Circacee like this.
  4. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

70 percent chance of rain Sunday.

5. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

in years past, this would be a Yamaha track right? Fast and flowy?

6. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

yes

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you spelled Bez wrong ;)

I’m still pulling for the little happy dude for when Pecco chokes and Martin implodes from all that speed he has had lately… he doesn’t handle it well so far…

hope it’s a three way battle for the title at the final round… winner take all

BigBird and MachineR1 like this.
  8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

That would be epic

27 likes this.
  9. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I'd love that, but I don't want to be greedy :beer:

27 likes this.
  10. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

All I see are two very long straightaways. Has Ducati written all over them. Jeeze... Why one when you can have two! Wonder if those are the longest ones on calendar.

BigBird likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

looks a bit like Sepang; in shape and sound....

12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Rins might as well call it a season and try to be healthy for the Valencia test on the Yamaha in a months time...

Circacee and BigBird like this.
  13. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Yes, ive been to Sepang it is long but those also look pretty dang long.

14. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the battle come down to the last race as well, but I don't really care to see someone "choke" Just a dogfight all the way. Pecco showed great racecraft at PI and his instant reaction to take advantage of Zarco's pass on Martin was freaking brilliant. That kind of mental discipline to put himself in that position tells me he's going to be very hard to beat.
    I was at Valencia last year, but this year might be even better.

I was glad to see Zarco get the win even though it screwed up my finishing order picks for the race. I hope it's a confidence boost for him and he gets in the mix for the podium more often.

15. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Coming down to the last race would be more meaningful if the last race wasn’t Valencia. Very few passing opportunities don’t make for exciting races.

BigBird likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

this is true. where you qualify is basically where you end up, and well I would thing Pecco would have the edge there, don't see Bez making up the ground

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I wasn’t hoping for him to choke, just like I’d never hope anyone crashes… but until Pecco, who I think is great on all accounts stops choking as he’s done all last year and now this year, it’ll be an unfortunate factor in the season, just like Martin’s inability to capitalize on his dominate speed… Bez wasn’t close enough to battle with those guys at PI unfortunately as I think he’d have charged to the front as well… I think Pecco would have won and could have if he wasn’t afraid of choking again, or maybe he wanted to see Zarco win one too ;)

it’s all wishful thinking as I just like Bez’s attitude so much…

I don’t think those three will finish all the races we have left and as we know it could get turned upside down in a day…

here’s to a great rest of the year! Hopefully it’s a safe exciting finish! :clap:

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

that was true for Bayliss in 06… but the others behind him had a more eventful race :D

Phl218 likes this.
  19. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Pretty sure Binder just reset the top speed record on a KTM.