1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

True. Great option for sure. One of the mil-guys I shoot with has a setup like that. It definitely works.

Christopher Graybosch likes this.
  2. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

I am new to AR rifles. Just built my 1st with a 223 Wylde bbl, and have a .30 cal suppressor in ATF jail.

What is the desire to have 556 vs 223 ammo?

3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Holosun 510C + 3x magnifier.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  4. britx303

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary...-illuminated-acss-raptor-556-308-reticle-yard This is what I’ve got on my “go-to”. A little different than the link you posted. But that one you found I think would be a great one too. It has a top rail to do a red dot later. Mine doesn’t, but it is very easy to acquire up close and reach out within reason, as it’s a fixed magnification

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

6. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

That magnifier is HEAVY though.

7. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

My setup is an sig 1-6LPVO with a Romeo1Pro offset. It works. It’s on a 12.5. If I do a pistol I’ll do a Primary red dot or Holosun, just to test them out.

britx303 likes this.
  8. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

That’s why the 45° offset with a LPVO was my option. I can turn the gun without losing sight down range or taking my hand off ready. Super fast transitions

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  9. gapman789

So this isn't a red dot? red dot, optical, reptical, prism, magnifier, oh my . lol.

britx303 likes this.
  10. britx303

No, but it’ll serve the same purpose essentially, as a red dot, but with some magnification.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I have ARs with the 1x6 Sig LPVO an a 1x10 LPVO. I like both of them. No red dots on them.

On my Staccato P I have a Delta Point Pro, and I just ordered an EOTech for my Sig P320 DH3 (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C9S1HGTB?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1&psc=1) Both those handguns have the slide machined to accept a Delta Point footprint with no
    adapter plate, so it will sit a little more flush than with a plate. And they both allow for battery replacement without removal like Holosuns.

I have Holosun dots on my PCC's and my Canik's.

My PDP has a Trijicon that came with it as it was a used gun. Only thing, I dread the battery replacement on that.

Other than that...I have zero complaints about any of my optics.

12. gapman789

What about in the middle of the night in a home defense situation? A dot would be better for home defense, no?

13. gapman789

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I have one very similar to that on a PCC...it works nicely...and yes..the solar panel is pretty unnecessary.

15. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I’d go with the 403. I actually had one before the 510. The battery life is stupid long and the solar panel on all the Holosuns is gimmicky at best. I had no gripes about the 403 until I actually shot a rifle with an Eotech which the 510 is basically a knockoff of. I prefer the bigger window.

The 403 will be a good starting point to figure out what you do and don’t like. An AR is never really finished. In a year or so you’ll probably have enough parts laying around to build another one out of stuff you tried.

gapman789 and StaccatoFan like this.
  16. gapman789

The 403 will be here tomo.
    I have a 407k green on my canik rival

Figured id stay with what im familiar with for now

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I've used the Vortex 3x optic. It's 11.8oz
    A 1-6x Strike Eagle scope is 18.x oz

I've got my 300BO and my AR-pistols both set up with EoTech 512 + 3x
    The Holosun wasn't around when I first set them up, so that's the setup I went with.

18. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Damn these Florida gun shows! Picked up some new toys yesterday.
    [​IMG]

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Doubt you'll start taking my advice now, but I'll offer it anyway... Sit back and wait until 223/556 gets back under 35 cents a round. In the meantime- get you a CMMG .22lr conversion kit with 3 25 round mags (goes on sale often for $170) and have fun and learn the basic operation of your AR for 5 cents a round.

gapman789 likes this.