1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Maybe Vicky Jackson Bell on a 125 GP bike?

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I will have to ask them for the story again so I don't get details messed up.

27 likes this.
  3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Ah... The English language... manner?

AC1108 likes this.
  4. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Rocco ran the Rookies first year of covid when he couldn’t get over there for more than 2 or 3 races due to travel restrictions.

Namarow likes this.
  5. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

But the other dude is still faster than her, doesn’t that count for something?

Namarow likes this.
  6. Hartluck36

Hartluck36 Well-Known Member

not in todays day in time. the sport is so different now. Now you have to be a likable person that can relate to people and be marketable. Kayla has talent no doubt, she has won races here and in europe. Do I think both are up to par with each other. Not really. There are going to be opportunity for her here or there because she is all 3 she has talent, she is marketable and she is a likable person who can speak well not to mention she is a female in a male dominated sport so add it all together and it is a great recipe for success in todays times. 20-30 years ago the faster thing you speak of was how it was. didnt really matter how big of an asshole you were as long as you were fast and could win races. It was the person that could get the job done. Not if you were marketable of how well you got along with everyone or what you brought to the table. as long as you could win.

7. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Please keep talking about Kayla not being top tier etc etc. This will fire her up more to prove the naysayers wrong.

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Then Josh Hayes does not have a record number of podiums. Because the majority of them were DMG, not MotoAmerica. In the above line of thinking, they are not the same, so should not be counted together. They combine the results for Josh, I'm not mad at him he's awesome, but if ALL his results in American Pro racing count, then Elena's does too.

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the problem - technically Elena won AMA Pro, MotoAmerica didn't exist. They also word it differently for Joshs wins, that's always called something like AMA Professional Roadracing wins or the like. Keep in mind you've got two different bodies involved with MA and the AMA.

10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Race wins are great an all, but I'd love to see her complete a season healthy enough to win a championship. I think she can get that championship win. But, it hasn't happened at a Pro level, yet. That's a final bonified she really needs.

11. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I remember her from the WSMC days. Fast woman!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I haven't seen anyone talk about her as being dominant but a lot of us who have watched all of the US racers go from novice to world champs are impressed with her and her progress as she gets more experience. Her ability to promote is also a HUGE plus for her when it is back up by her riding.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Blake has teef! He just doesn't race with it in and loves torturing his mom not having it in for interviews at time :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Blake Davis lost a front tooth racing, has a fake one but doesn't ride with it in (something I totally agree with), he can put it in before he does post race interviews but it bugs his mom so he leaves it out sometimes :D

SDKs dad got pissed and threw a water bottle at someone, don't remember or care about the details.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, did you read what you posted? Nothing in that one either side was unprofessional or unfriendly....

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, because as I said, they're talking MA for one thing and AMA for the other. They are two different groups and companies.

17. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Mongo, people are on this board and else where saying she was gonna go p1 or p2 in ss her first time out and putting her ahead of other riders for potential seats, that was my push back. She had a decent season that would be viewed different if she wasnt gifted a few rain results.
    Did you read what I posted? IDK what you said, you seem to have mistyped or something but it seems she quit on the team for a new "better"ride based on MP's quotes. That is not professional or something a sponsor of a team would be down for imo.

18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

She wasn't gifted shit. She gridded up and finished where she belonged.

You probably think Nikki isn't a World Champ.

Boman Forklift and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never saw that anywhere and sorry but rain results aren't even remotely a gift.

You're wrong, sponsors get it and have no problem seeing riders get a shot at something different. She and the team talked about it and worked it out, that is what is professional. Meli didn't have a 600 and that is the logical step for Kayla. There was no real upside for her or the team for Kayla to have the bike on the grid which they wound up having anyway. Nothing in Melis quote paints Kayla as unprofessional.

20. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

i would think Kayla is a marketer's dream.
    Young, great attitude, always seams professional and speaks very well on camera, and female.
    Opens up a whole market that a young man just can't accomplish because of gender.

Rocco is a great racer! But he has shown some on track antics that MIGHT scare a sponsor???

Just like Josh Harrin... his antics rub some people the wrong way and that can be detrimental to certain sponsors/teams.

DJ Baker likes this.