1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Only thing brining new eyes are baggers /s. But yea, I am probably being too harsh based on something I perceive and that's on me.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Taking bikes that shouldn't be raced and making racebikes out of them.. Well... Murica! :D

pickled egg, Namarow and Basura like this.
  3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Gerloff was dominating here before he went to WSBK. thats how he went to WSBK with the support of Spies

YamahaRick and Dragginass like this.
  4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Dominating? 4 wins in SBK and like 10 or 11 podiums out 20 races his last season in MA. Didn’t win the championship. Not what I would call dominating.

Not saying he didn’t deserve the WorldSBK ride because absolutely he did. His talent was recognized. That’s the loose comparo I was drawing to Kayla

Badger911GT3 and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Kayla is the real deal. I do not like when sponsors run to someone because of their race or gender, it sucks when there are tonnes of talented folks out there dying on the vine. But she is pretty amazing in all fields. Her doing well is great for the series, and this everyone else involved in it. Again, I would love to see her team up with her friend Rocco on those bikes. The mentorship available would be amazing and perhaps they could all move up to superbikes down the road. Wins for all

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  6. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

He dominated supersport and took a year to start winning superbike but he was still up front from the beginning. Plus you have to remember he was fighting with Cam and Toni for those wins so no small feat.

koth442 and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Why would Kayla be your choice ahead of Rocco? Rocco obviously is a faster rider both now and when he was at Kayla's age.

koth442 likes this.
  8. dieterly

Those series are grapefruit leagues over in Europe, just where riders that don’t have the talent/money to compete in Spain end up.

9. condon66

condon66 Member well known

You been living under a rock? This young lady is a huge talent. To suggest she is "mid" on the talent scale is almost ridiculous.

CRA_Fizzer and rd400racer like this.
  10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Gerloff had horrible luck, mechanicals etc that season. When he was on the bike and racing, he was faster than anyone.

koth442 likes this.
  11. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Marketable, teachable, and still getting faster. And her being younger is just a bonus. PR matters. She will bring more sponsorship dollars to her respective team no matter where she ends up.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Who's more mature? Who's really fast and has ridden in Europe and quickly adapted to the faster tires?

13. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Rahal Ducati Moto is obviously going to be a very professionally ran organization that will expect whomever they choose to ride their bikes to emulate that. Talant wise, I do believe Rocco tops the list, but from a professional standpoint, he still has some work to do.

jonathanp and 03RumbleBee like this.
  14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Sherry Friduss. There is some confusion on this because I believe this is when the BOTT was run as one race but there were four classes scored in it.

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Blake had a crash on track a few years back and lost the tooth. During exam at hospital it was found in his nose. He doesn't wear he false tooth while racing because Shelby (mom) or Mike (dad) was supposed to give it to him for post race interview but didn't get over there in time so he obviously didn't wear it. It drives Shelby crazy and makes Blake laugh so he never wears it post race.

MrGooch likes this.
  16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I had no idea who he was until he came to the Loudon Classic. Even then, the streaming video got his name wrong. He finished second in the Loudon Classic, and when track announcer Pete Davis asked him what he was going to do with the $35,000 he won, he said, "I'm going to get me a new tooth!"
    That's when I looked him up.

MrGooch and 27 like this.
  17. Shenanigans

Also when Blake was 8-9 years old. When you met him he would shake your hand, look you in the eyes and engage conversation . Great young man from a great family

JJJerry and Michael Hausknecht like this.
  18. Shenanigans

Technically Kayla is the first female to win MotoAmerica. MA did not exist when Elena won, it was DMG

koth442 likes this.
  19. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

A Rocco/Spies relationship would be interesting. Landers clearly has the the speed and talent to challenge for a SS title. Maybe The Ben could instill some of his 'STFU and do your talking on the track' ideology on him.

Either way, really would like Kayla to get a shot. Fast as fuck, constantly progressing, and an outstanding media presence (especially for a new team).

03RumbleBee, 27 and Banditracer like this.
  20. dieterly

What has faster tires to do with why Rahal should pick Kayla over Rocco? Also the riders she raced against in Europe was mostly a bunch of no names, not riders you’ll see in CEV.
    No doubt she deserves a a ride but not ahead of a rider like Rocco, if we are using talent as a gauge.