1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fresh and lean attack using illegal fuel?

Discussion in 'General' started by grapemustard, Oct 4, 2023.

1. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Yes muzzy complained

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Back in the day everyone was cheating in some way especially the factories

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

If you ain't chaeatin, you ain't tryin.

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

How many gears are there in a GSXR 1100 transmission?

5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

which you got to bring to light for all to see… good times that I miss dearly…

They did like to cry…

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

5axis, Ducman851 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Question: If you put 2024 in a tank and run it would there be enough residue to bust a 2022 test? Kind of like off road diesel dye.

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Good question.

I know for a fucking fact that if you forget fuel foam in a new tank and dont have time to order more, that if your buddy works on airplanes, DO NOT USE THAT FOAM if there is spec fuel.

LOL that was a weird explanation. Even though it was 100% unintentional, and was past airline expiration, it still looked and felt normal. It was not normal.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Wanna say the spec fual at that time was Sunnoco 260 maybe?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Yes. Competitors at the SCCA Runoffs get busted for this every year. At the Runoffs, you have to buy the dyed fueled supplied at the track, so people running different blends during the season, who don’t clean out their tanks and use the same fuel filters run into problems. It’s usually a Sunoco or VP product, so it’s usually recommended to run a tank (fuel cells which are foam filled) or two through first and change your fuel filters out prior. Ideally you’re tuning for what the Runoffs fuel is going to be anyway. It’s a headache for all, but everyone made their bed when they decided to run $40+ / gal fuel and make their competitors sick.

That said, according to what was said, there was a distinct difference between Saturday and Sunday, with riders complaining of the fumes off Jake’s bike. It might seem coincidental / Richard being targeted, but that in itself might have triggered all this. It’s usually REALLY obvious if someone is running something different to everyone else, for that reason alone.

If Richard’s defense is that it was the 2022 fuel, then why weren’t riders complaining about burning / watery eyes last year?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    Gino230 and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Formula USA SS at Pocono were hilarious.
    Maybe incredulous is a better word.

12. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

My favorite part of racing is learning the wild and creative ways teams tried to cheat and get around the rulebooks. Y'all go to some serious extents!

13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Back in 96 when gsxr750 came out there was small batch of bikes with pistons kissing head. Story floating around was that factory line bored cases for crank little higher than spec and those were suppose to go to race teams.

14. TWF2

Another story was Honda making frames with different thickness tubes for SS race bikes :)

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had one of those. It was so much faster at the drag strip than the '97 I got the after a crash it, it made you wonder if they were the same displacement.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

17. TWF2

I loved that bike. Won my 1st championship on stock 96. They fucked it up in 98 and put FI on it :)

18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I ran into him at Biketoberfest at the track about 3 years ago. I walked up and yelled Snaggles you’re still alive. Lol.

27 likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

It was a pretty big run of the early ones… I used them in 97 and every one I got Suzuki paid my dealer the book time to pull them out and rebuild them with alternate parts… I loved buying crashed ones because they still paid… my dealer became a great friend and supporter and made bank because all he did was hand me parts and collect the money for nothing… the head of that department at Suzuki got to know me and when he went to Clear Channel employed me for activations at SX and AX for years after… all because Suzuki wanted good test numbers ;)

20. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Italian cams..

Shenanigans and 5axis like this.