1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20 Inch BMX Bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Kev59, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Who was posting about BMX bikes a few months ago? Search box didn't help and I'm thinking about letting my SE Racing PK Ripper go.

Wingnut likes this.
  2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

You know you want to see me riding that thing around the pits.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nope...wanna see Mongo on it.

4. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

It can happen.

stickboy274 likes this.
  5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Raced bmx, rode bmx bikes, and unicycles all over our childhood home area. always lusted after a Pk Ripper, but as a blue collar child, never enough money for frivolous stuff like that. post some pics, and location, ya never know, someone may want you to throw it in a bicycle shipping box and send it off. Ski

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Will need to see pictures of the PK

My 3 boys all got into BMX racing recently.

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

And no pictures from the 80's either! How THE bike looks today.

Thanks in advance

skidooboy likes this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Man, this thread is crazy. I just got a storage shed built and was organizing and after cleaning up storage I located my old Mongoose and my Redline from late 80's early 90's.

I honestly dont know how I rode, wheelied, and jumped those things lol. My knees hurt just sitting on it. Of course Im like, "why the fuck did I like this eat and bar setup?"

sanee likes this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

My above post also goes for you as well. No late 80's photos of you and the bikes.

Bikes only please!

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Unfortunately they are both not great right now. Mongoose broke cable years ago and seat is shot and redline needs tires. LOL I remember not being allowed to ride the Mongoose to school because I LOVED stickers. I got one from Spencer Gifts that said "I drink Grape juice because Oj Kills" and no longer was allowed to ride that bike to school and I wasn't taking off ym beloved stickers.

sanee, racer_11 and speedluvn like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Haven't fit on a BMX bike since my Huffy when I was 7 :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Now, I can get onboard with this thread. 20" BMX is still my favorite kind of riding. I have an SBC TRLS 250 trail bike and a 125R race bike.

13. John Branch

John Branch 90125

What year is it? 1984 or before worth more ,closed loop chain stays is how you tell:blart:

14. John Branch

John Branch 90125

What age and size are your boys? My two just got out of after 6-7 years . I do not see where you are located? I have expert xl up to a pro xl , complete bikes or just frames

15. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I still have my Robinson I built back in the early 80's.

Seat choice was not my smartest decision. Screenshot_20230919_135749_Facebook.jpg

KrooklynSV and TSAVO5150 like this.
  16. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I’ll take a few more tomorrow but for now here it is IMG_3062.jpeg

racer_11 likes this.
  17. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

My boys are: 11,16,17

The 16 and 17yr old are both on the autism spectrum and I'm always searching out hobby interests that suite their specific behaviors. BMX seems to be working for now.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Mike Debrabant is nutty for vintage BMX

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's just nutty but yeah, he's really into BMX stuff too :D

So is Opie.

20. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

cool bike! i still race bmx in the 56 and over class and have modern bmx frame geometry bikes. about what year is that pk? around early 2000's possibly? i have and old redline that looks very similar for the period. i am always looking for 80's bmx bikes or frames and there is a beginning of a resurgance for old bmx bike racing on old school tracks, so someone would be interested in that pk the bmx world.