1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. MrGooch

MrGooch Well-Known Member

You probably already know this, but most of the TZR guys suggest replacing the vacuum style petcock with a RGV tap.

I rebuilt my original one but it still leaked until I spread a very small amount of gasket sealant around the outer edge of the house shaped diaphragm.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Thanks... I want to keep it original, so I ordered a rebuild kit. I'll try the gasket sealant trick.

3. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Still around, going to Blackhawk this Wednesday for SCCA TNIA.

RRP likes this.
  4. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Why the plate? You talking modern GPZ11, or the original air cooled?

5. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Original air cooled

6. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I had an '83. Great bike. There's one on CycleTrader for $12k, which is crazy money, but it's pretty minty.

gpz11 likes this.
  7. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

I had a '82 along with a '85 GPz750

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Send pics!

9. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

20230913_120725.jpg
    The current state of the shop. Mini truck needs a bit of fiberglass repair to be ready to race again in a couple weeks. The Polaris General is a neighbours needing a CV boot replaced. The Honda Foreman is a buddies, needs to get running and Electric shifter working. The Camaro needs a new IAC in the Sniper fuel injection system. Just about time to pull the sleds out of the corner and prepare them. The RV needs new house batteries.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I wish I could build that big, but village won't let me build higher than the house, so I'll be stuck with a 10 foot ceiling. Plus I can only do 22 foot wide due to setbacks on the property.

zertrider likes this.
  11. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Having a 50 acre farm property made this possible without hassle

tony 340, GRH and YamahaRick like this.
  12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Yours is impressive, but I've got a buddy that is beyond that. He bought 100 acres, 80 of it wooded, with over 30 miles of trails wrapped into the property (not sure how that's possible, but that's what he says). On the 20 acre flat, he's got a moto track, a go-kart track, a 3-bed barndominium with a 40-60 workshop for vehicles, and then a vehicle storage bay that's 40x120, all with radiant heat floors. Then there's the 'lawn shed', which is an equally nice 30x50 aluminum building. Plus of course the 5 bedroom 'cottage', that's all brick and stone. He's got robotic lawnmowers that keep it all manicured, so he's just got to keep the trails cleared.

13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

My neighbor has full blown motocross track. I have yet to see bike on it :)

Attached Files:

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

https://goo.gl/maps/DDzDN2zKLX89ukHYA

Right outside the neighborhood! That place would be poacher city if it were around here.

15. TWF2

Actually not visible from neighborhood houses. His house is top of hill and track is below. If you are at the track you don't see anything but open land.

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Then get over there and pop that cherry. :beer:

cpettit likes this.
  17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

No shit! better to ask forgiveness than permission

18. TWF2

Click on link in post #474, unlimited tracks :)
    I am too old to be jumping on his track.

19. TWF2

There is another one 1/2 mile north east. Friend used to live there and I did that one, in SxS. He was tire guy for AFM and would have parties there, all racers would bring dirt bikes.

Attached Files:

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Voltage is fluctuating between 10-14V. Dash gauge is good. Battery is good. Pretty sure its the rectifier, so doing the swap for a new one. This POS has only 11K miles. Seems legit. Front rotors are warped, so they're next for replacement.

135B19BB-A022-42FA-9E37-A40283DDE512_1_102_o copy.jpeg