1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

JBall likes this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Only the finest parts manufactured in far away lands assembled and sold as "American".

motion likes this.
  3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I literally just got the 56inch top and bottom in green. Putting aside the months of stupidity dealing with HF, the Series 2 is a much nicer box than the Series 3. I know they're trying to present the 3 as a step up, but I wasn't impressed. Got the top and bottom for $1025.

4. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Before replacement you might try cleaning them (hone, sandpaper, etc) and installing new pads. I've seen that correct pulsing on other bikes.

motion likes this.
  5. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I had a string of solar panels that recently had a drop in output power from around 25 amps to 2. I removed them from my roof and found there was a loose connection in the factory wiring which is odd that it took so long to manifest itself as I bought the panels used where they had been in operation for 10 years at that point and I put them up in 2010. So figuring they were at end of life I replaced the 5 with 4 panels which are physically larger and should add ~350 more watts. While I was working on the system I changed out fiberglass combiner box with a stainless one, ran new conduit and rewired the circuit breaker panel to accommodate the 4 new panels that are wired 2 in series and the 2 sets are wired in parallel so the output power is ~73 volts DC and 20 amps. I replaced the PWM charge controller with a MPPT unit for a more efficient DC-DC conversion, I will wire that up this weekend. Final wiring for the panels was done at night with a headlamp after the sun went down.
    IMG_3300 small.jpg IMG_3311 small.jpg IMG_3310 small.jpg

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Working on mom's 65, upgrading all the suspension and installing power steering.

The Charger is coming down off the rack and hoping to make some progress on the engine/trans install. Getting rid of the Hotchkis suspension and moving onto the RMS kit.

Attached Files:

7. Wingnut

Oh and we got her a bluetooth so she can listen to her Carole King while cruising the shore with the topdown.

Attached Files:

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

My neighbor has 64 vette, just helped him trailer new frame he bought for it. Think it is Morrison roller

Wingnut likes this.
  9. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

20231012_203611.jpg 20231012_192659.jpg 20231012_192723.jpg

69 Camaro RS/SS. 4spd car. Pulling the engine to clean up oil leaks, detail and fix up a couple items. Much nicer car condition wise than my own car. This one came out of California. Owner is a friend of a friend

Razr, iagsxr, Wingnut and 1 other person like this.
  10. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Very nice. Is that one of the "actually a 70" 69 Camaros? I know those wheels (which obviously are easily changeable) are a tell-tale sign.

They made 69's into 70 because the 70 was ready late (actually called a 70 1/2).

Wingnut likes this.
  11. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Did you know you can buy a built GM crate motor at Walmart? Only $25k!

12. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

There is no such thing as a 70.5 Camaro. They just started production late of the 70. All the 1969 body style were sold as 1969s

13. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

They were sold as 69's, but because of the delay had some different options available and some oddities. Speaking of what they are called, 70's were indeed called 70 1/2's by GM in some literature and were referred as such in a number of popular magazines of the time. It was an attempt to distinguish them from the late manufacture 69's, which were still on the lots.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/1970-12-camaros/

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Ive always liked the 1970 bodies better. That was a slightly larger car. My buddy had a 1971 Firebird Formula 400 that I always liked driving.

15. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

New, albeit likely temporary addition to the garage. And yes, it's all stock and complete. And no, it doesn't have the 6-6 exhaust.

[​IMG]

Sabre699 and dave3593 like this.
  16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You have the best cars. I want a 67 GTX or RT soooo bad it hurts lol.

lopitt85 likes this.
  17. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

If that is a Benelli, you must keep it. More pics please.

18. Wingnut

You know I had a 67 GTX clone and a 67 Coronet R/T earlier in this thread. Both were 440 cars. I had a 66 Plymouth for years that I'm sure i posted before. It was a barn find that i built into a nostalgia super stock drag car. (Pic attached)

The dark green 66 Satellite in the above pics is an original Hemi 4spd car that we've owned for a few decades. When we bought it it had less than 8k miles on it as it was a local drag race car. It was very bone stock other than the rear springs moved inward and mini tubs. Car came with 3 different Hemi engines, 2 727 trannies and the original removed 4spd. It's been in a few magazine spreads.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
    iagsxr and lopitt85 like this.
  19. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Nice crappy day to finish inside wiring on the solar system
    Charge controller1 small.jpg Charge controller2 small.jpg

20. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I finally finished my Dad’s Gerstner tool chest project. The intent was NOT restore it or make it look new again, but carefully strip it and refinish it while keeping the character intact. The goal was to refinish it while still keeping all of the patina, wear marks, and character of the 70+ year old chest, one that a man used throughout his life.
    I changed the felt color from green to blue at my wife’s request; it’s going to be a jewelry box for her.
    I didn’t want to replace the hardware; I wanted to retain the original pieces. I did use a brass brush to freshen them up a bit.
    I’m very pleased with how it turned out. I know my Dad would absolutely love to know that my wife is using his tool chest now.
    Pics don’t do it justice; the finish is as smooth as glass, thanks to 10 coats of satin poly.
    Here’s the finished product and a few of it in progress.
    IMG_5901.jpeg IMG_5902.jpeg IMG_5903.jpeg IMG_5904.jpeg IMG_5905.jpeg IMG_5907.jpeg IMG_5906.jpeg IMG_5662.jpeg