1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

TV networks have major competition in the Dorna streaming app. The recent website changes give them some room to compete.

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

How so? Just from a curious standpoint.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Unless TV networks show the race at convenient times and in full, who's going to bother worrying about TV schedules when you can go on the videopass and watch live or on demand. Massive convenience they would have to match and not have crazy amounts of commercials.
    I kind of think Dorna would have to offer incentives to networks to get it broadcasted if they want to try and grow the sport more.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Dorna needs a Netflix F1 type of show to get the fans going and a full show on a convenient channel. Video pass is only for us hardcore already, not for the casual fan right now

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

It was on Amazon. It was ok.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Circacee likes this.
  8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I actually liked it a decent bit but I think that was part of the problem. Among a couple other problems, one of the bigger ones is I felt like it was targeted at people like me. And it really shouldn't be. Drive to Survive worked because it targeted ignorant newbies while still being reasonably enjoyable to actual enthusiasts.

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I never saw it. Just assumed it was similar to Drive to Survive. Never saw that either. :)

10. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

I know little about things like this. How does the new website do this for them more than the old one?

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Exactly this

12. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

The MotoGP people hired a marketing guy from the NBA and I was hoping they wouldn't turn Motogp into NASCAR

13. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Evidently David Emmett misspelled Mr.Jarvis' first name.

That's just embarrassing....

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I love motomatters and think they do some of the best writing and stories on motogp but, having to pay to read their stuff, no bueno. I know I’m in the wrong with that and they deserve to get paid for their efforts but I ain’t paying no 50 cents for no coke.
    I hate paywalls on principle even if I’m all for making a Buck.

scottn, The Great One and KrooklynSV like this.
  16. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Delete

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  17. SeventeenRR

SeventeenRR Well-Known Member

18. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

19. evomach

evomach Well-Known Member

To me it reads like he is replacing him permanently from this round on

SeventeenRR likes this.