1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

brex likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Danny Ric in! DeVries out!

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  3. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

My 2 cents is that if Danny deliver and outperforms Tsunoda, in 2024 Perez gets demoted to Alpha Tauri and Ricardo goes back to Redbull then Tsunoda goes bye-bye.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  4. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Checo has had a few real tears through the pack when he had started towards the back. I love seeing Danny back but I can't see him swapping Perez.

dobr24 likes this.
  5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Agreed, as much as I love Danny and think he is a great ambassador of the sport I don't know if he can produce like Perez. I would love to see Red Bull bring a young gun in to challenge Max a bit.

cpettit and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Why the hell would they bring someone in to challenge him? So they can win less?
    Ricardo will probably end up Max's teammate for publicity purposes and nothing more.

Rance Taylor likes this.
  7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Do they need help courting the Australian audience? Perez is the only Mexican on the grid (maybe only one from the Americas period?). There's more to this than driver results IMO.

stk0308 likes this.
  8. noles19

Logan Sargent is from the US...
    And Ricardo is worldwide famous more so than Perez or most people on the grid honestly

9. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

I'd venture to guess that so they have a plan B. Healthy Max you want your #2 to be scoring 2nd place every weekend - Max gets hurt then your #2 is taking wins.

dobr24 likes this.
  10. noles19

Exactly but that's not some young driver trying to challenge max. They need a Rubens barrichello not a young Fernando Alonso, and I think Ricardo is willing to accept that role at this point and be happy to win a race or two a year.

11. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Rubens is the man. I'm not sure Danny can get his form up to be a second place week in and out even at Red Bull.. But I'd bet that if he could get into winning form he would do what Red Bull tells him to and stay in 2nd place - he knows this is his last go at it.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. noles19

Agreed 100%

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It would be totally unprecedented to bring in a second driver that can challenge the team's #1 driver.
    I mean, it isn't like Mercedes ever brought in a driver that could challenge Hamilton.

14. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Max is there to win drivers championship.
    Not Max is there to win constructors championship.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Russell is a better driver than Hammy, IMHO.

cpettit likes this.
  16. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

I'm not sure if he's better yet, but he's definitely getting there.

He also seems mentally stronger then Sir Lewis Whining-ton.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What is your opinion based on? You've never seen Russell drive, as he came on over a decade after you quit watching any F1.

chobes, motion and noles19 like this.
  18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

How many championships he have so far?

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

And when does that step over the line into race fixing? If a racer is capable of winning, but doesn't because he was told too...that race fixing. But, it seems acceptable to the F1 fandom because "team tactics". Bullshit. Keep in mind, there's a lot of people gambling on the outcomes of races. Not a good look to be accepting race fixing if they want all that sweet sweet gambling money kickbac....er, support for the series.

20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Since he joined Mercedes? About as many as Sir Ham has gathered in the same time period. And he out pointed Sir Ham last year, his first year on the same team. Fortunately for the Ham fans, Russell is 2 places behind Sir Ham in the standings, so far, this year.