1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Ridge Motorsports Park | June 23 - 25

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jun 20, 2023.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah, sure. A guy that never has done much of anything in any other championship is beating the rest of the field by 10+ seconds on skill. Including one of the most successful rider in MA history.

Nothing to do with having extra 200+ ccs.

You must ride a Ducati.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
    ToofPic likes this.
  2. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Looks to me like the most experienced rider in the field may be holding back some. 1:20.1 at Summit Point on a 400 isn't slow. Better than most experts on lightweights.

3. 418

418 Expert #59

CamP needs to stop doing CamP shit.

4. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Here we go with the rules....so Beaubier caused red flag, but was he "actively participating " ?

DrA5 and 5axis like this.
  5. rwdfun

rwdfun

All in all the results are probably what they would’ve been but damn, MA applies rules inconsistently. I’m sure they’ll point to the fact that CB crossed the next timing line in 7th but that was after the red flag. Once that flag is thrown, it likely affects other riders and could allow CB to get to that line before another. If that is their reasoning, I’m sure MA doesn’t want riders racing past the red flag in an attempt to beat the downed rider to the next scoring line but that’s what they are possibly creating with their application of the rules.

I’ll be interested in their official explanation.

Boom and Dragginass like this.
  6. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Stanboli called it last year, a Superbike racing Supersport.

MrGooch and ToofPic like this.
  7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

To be fair, the last one to win a bunch of shit overseas was Spies in 09' and PJ with a few in WWSP. Let's not act like we have world talent winning shit around here. Quite frankly it's embarrassing.

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Win a bunch? Him and House went over and kicked arse big time on new tracks and tires he never raced on and won a championship the first year.

969 likes this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

Were you here last year when a ex-motogp rider on a factory Ducati got his teeth kicked in by one of our "embarrassing" riders?

The guy has near 50% more displacement and has done NOTHING over the pond. He's nothing special.

Its the bike. The rules suck.

10. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

backbone and Boom like this.
  11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Selective amnesia here I see. Don't mind the RedBull HRC ass kicking in WSBK. You ever think Petrucci got the GP ride over Miller because of his passport and Jack wasn't the second coming of Stoner? Petrucci gets on a street based superbike on tracks, tires, and a culture he's never been with and actually beats and runs with our guys you define as getting his teeth getting kicked in. Cut the blind patriotism, it's holding our people back.

The Great One likes this.
  12. Dragginass

That's what I don't understand. At the time of the actual red flag, he was not in 7th. Prior to the red flag, he was 2nd.

13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Also, Xavi Fores hasn't done "nothing" overseas. He spent quite a bit of time at the pointy end in WSBK while racing for second-tier teams, and earned a bunch of podiums to boot.

tophyr likes this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

He was so good he ended up in America racing against a bunch of super sport riders.

Got it.

15. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

He caused the red flag

16. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

What's your opinion of Josh Hayes then? Because he is also in America racing against a bunch of supersport riders....

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Keep dancing.

The rules package sucks. Period.

18. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

Hate much?

19. Dragginass

I know. And he was "awarded" 7th place. Either leave him DNF, or revert to lap prior. But where he crossed the next split AFTER a red flag makes no sense.

tophyr likes this.
  20. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I barely care about a 400 in MA other than they are being ridden fast unlike the Royal Enfield's. If she can set the world on fire on a 400 grid up, Kayla did.

G Dawg likes this.